• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,895 posts in this topic

Picked-up a depository safe. Came with the combination, everything tested and working. It's a decent size to secure collectibles. The garage sale price was too good a deal to pass up. This one pictured below is roughly the same size/spec/model, except mine has the dial combo lock and not the digital push button.

safe_sized.jpg

Picked-up a depository safe. Came with the combination, everything tested and working. It's a decent size to secure collectibles. The garage sale price was too good a deal to pass up. This one pictured below is roughly the same size/spec/model, except mine has the dial combo lock and not the digital push button.

safe_sized.jpg

Nice! What's the combo? :baiting:

safe_sized.jpg

Nice! What's the combo? :baiting:

lol

The crazy thing about the dial combination locks are that even with the right numbers, if you don't know the exact number of turns and in which direction, you could quickly lose your patience and your mind trying to open one of these safes.

safe_sized.jpg

was it heavy to pick up? ;)

How big a deposit can you make in that thing?

The slot is wide enough to slide in a letter envelope or document. I kind of like it with that slot because if I want to just add something, I don't need spend any time opening the safe.

safe_sized.jpg

was it heavy to pick up? ;)

Let's just say my back started aching when I first set eyes on it.

Not in the best of shape, but the price was right. Got this for a quarter at a used bookstore. Looks like it was signed and numbered inside the front cover. Does anybody here have more info on this underground comic?

Nice pick up! This is not an easy book to find at all. There were two printings done of which this is the first (500 copies; the second printing was for an additional 140 copies). I'm not sure where the new price guide is at, but I wouldn't be surprised if the book you posted brought $50 or more on e-bay... Prices do fluctuate so it's hard to say exactly but NM copies have gone for $200+...

I found the comics in the picture, plus a few League of Extraordiary Gentlemen, Runaways Limited #1 and a Wizard World Chicago Wanted variant - all in VF/NM or better and all for about $20 total.

I was holding my breath on WD, but no dice. The Goon and Futurama alone will make my $$$ back, I think. Pretty Cool! They have some 10 and 12 centers, but I didn't want to do the research standing there. They were all outside my collecting focus - Ducks and such. They were also a lot more beat up and around $3.50 each. I'll have to go back.

fleafinds.jpg

Was at a flea market/antique mall not expecting to see comics but out of the corner of my eye i see a tub of comics. On top is a low grade Batman 45. How on earth could that be on the top of the pile!?!? Visions of gold encrusted sugar plums dance through my head as I fantasize that all 100 or so comics in the tub are from this era. Alas, they were not, though there were some 50s Ducks in there and a 40's crime comic. When I was told they were $5 each I actually scaled back my pile a bit and only took home 5 books. Too many of the others were too borderline as $5 books. $2 each and my stack would have been pretty big. Also some 50s spanish versions of U.s. comics. Should have bought those, but I have no idea what they're worth and for $5 each...

Anyway, the Batman 45 was a nice score, but it sure would have made my day if the whole tub consited of books like that for $5 each!