• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman Returns .. AARRRRGGHHHHH!!!!!!!

26 posts in this topic

Had a long day running estate sale. Kids went to rodeo w/ grandparents. Wife said she was gonna surprise me with a nice dinner and movie. I almost never watch movies or keep up with them , but she loved 1st S-Man , Iron Man & latest Hulk. So , she tells me what it is and we both assume it is a revamp type deal like w/ Batman and new cool , creepy Joker,etc. Anyway , I'm sure you guys know the story! I mean , JEEZ ! the PLOT was basically the same as 20-25 years ago ! :frustrated: The acting terrible. I told her I was literally going to throw up if they played the exact same music when he took LL flying at night in her gown. It was real close ! They actually found a way to make it worse! At least Gene Hackman as LL was hilarious with all the campy stuff. was entertaining the 1st time around.

I'm certain this did NOT revitalize the franchise.

I leaned over to my wife and whispered DC soxx anyway. She replied "What's DC ? meh

lol

I actually watched bits and pieces of it again last night on cable.

Why, I couldn't tell you. I guess to have more ammunition, the next time someone bashes Marvel movies.

Superman Returns was the only super-hero movie ever where I had to prise my eyelids open to keep from falling asleep (the friend who was with me did doze off for half of it). Everything about that film was superfluous or half-baked, from Spacey's phoned-in performance to the supporting cast of total non-entities, to the ludicrous, forgettable plot.

Routh's acting was wooden (whenever he came on it was like someone had thrown a chair into the room), and the -script was uninspired and poor. What can you say about a super-hero flick where the lead character and his nemesis are on screen together for a total of one minute out of two and a half bloody hours???

A franchise-killing farrago which makes the Wolverine movie look like The Godfather Part 2.

Superman Returns was the only super-hero movie ever where I had to prise my eyelids open to keep from falling asleep

Not seen Batman & Robin then?

Routh's acting was wooden (whenever he came on it was like someone had thrown a chair into the room)

Dennis Pennis?

I saw it as soon as it opened and enjoyed it. Later on, I decided to see it in 3D on the IMAX and realized I had been suckered in by Williams great music (sorry BHooks, but I do love the music and thought it was smart to reuse it) and the improved special effects. Beyond that, the acting was horrible, the plot was not only worse, but downright offensive.

I rarely do a 180 on a movie, but I was baffled by the BS the first time through, but I guess they couldn't full me twice.

Superman Returns was the only super-hero movie ever where I had to prise my eyelids open to keep from falling asleep

Not seen Batman & Robin then?

Routh's acting was wooden (whenever he came on it was like someone had thrown a chair into the room)

Dennis Pennis?

Batman Forever was so bad that I decided not to risk losing two more hours of my time with B & R. Point taken though.

And yes, Dennis Pennis. I thought it was such an old gag that only one of the Brit boardies would spot it. The guy who played Pennis (Paul Kaye) went to my school, don't you know. He was a knavish little turd even then.

Routh did a decent job IMO..it was practically everything else that didnt!