• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collectible comics in 2059

91 posts in this topic

Anybody want to buy some of my Tarzan, Buck Rogers, and Flash Gordon comics? These characters should be making a comeback any day now. Right? :eek:

As to Buck Rogers:

PRESS RELEASE

James Cawley, Executive Producer

Cawley Entertainment Company

P.O. Box 448

13 Wiley Street

Ticonderoga NY 12883

TICONDEROGA, N.Y., June 15, 2009

(IGNOREABOVE)

Executive Producer James Cawley announced that veteran television and screen actor Gil Gerard would be joining the cast of the new Internet version of “Buck Rogers in the 25th Century” as a series regular, and will also serve as Co- Executive Producer.

Gerard played Buck Rogers in the theatrical release, which premiered in March of 1979 and became one of the highest grossing pictures of that year. He then went on to star in the NBC television series, which ran from 1979 through 1981.

Gerard recently visited Retro Films Studio, where he met with Bobby Quinn Rice, who has been cast as the new Buck in the web-series production. Gerard offered Rice advice and his best wishes during their meeting, essentially passing the torch to the new Buck Rogers.

“Buck Rogers in the 25th Century,” the Internet series, is currently in pre-production.

Anyone gotten a look at Gil these days at one of his con appearances? :eek: Poor guy is a bit of a flabglacier.

On the other hand, Erin Gray is a smokin grandma.

Erin Gray even @ 50+ :cloud9:

Anybody want to buy some of my Tarzan, Buck Rogers, and Flash Gordon comics? These characters should be making a comeback any day now. Right? :eek:

:roflmao:

Jeff is one of the coolest collectors on the Boards with impeccable taste in genre badassness.

I think these characters will be around for decades to come buddy. Their old comics, however? -- maybe not so much as far as big money goes. The Land of Forgotten Keys, right? :cry:

Every EC title?

~ ahem ~

ECs?

I know - it was for effect.

I was agreeing with you :insane:

lol

What really saddens me is this: if you had invested in mid-grade ECs in the 1970's...despite the immense exposure and tremendous value that most comics have experienced across the board since then....you would have seen a very poor return on your investment.

Then, mid-grade Silver DCs in the late 70's/early 80's.

And Spiderman #50 was $3 in "mint"....

In 1976, a single Crime Patrol #15 in "Fine" would have gotten you 26 copies of Spidey #50 in straight across trade.

Now, for the price of a single 9.6 Spidey #50, you can buy an entire collection of ECs in Fine.

Strange world, innit?

Jeff is one of the coolest collectors on the Boards with impeccable taste in genre badassness.

I think these characters will be around for decades to come buddy. Their old comics, however? -- maybe not so much as far as big money goes. The Land of Forgotten Keys, right? :cry:

I paid way too much money for this...

singleseries20.jpg

...best money I ever spent :cloud9:

singleseries20.jpg

Bedrock acknowledged one of my posts! :o(worship)

singleseries20.jpg

I love it when you post this book! (worship)

As to Buck Rogers:

PRESS RELEASE

James Cawley, Executive Producer

Cawley Entertainment Company

P.O. Box 448

13 Wiley Street

Ticonderoga NY 12883

TICONDEROGA, N.Y., June 15, 2009

(IGNOREABOVE)

Executive Producer James Cawley announced that veteran television and screen actor Gil Gerard would be joining the cast of the new Internet version of “Buck Rogers in the 25th Century” as a series regular, and will also serve as Co- Executive Producer.

Gerard played Buck Rogers in the theatrical release, which premiered in March of 1979 and became one of the highest grossing pictures of that year. He then went on to star in the NBC television series, which ran from 1979 through 1981.

Gerard recently visited Retro Films Studio, where he met with Bobby Quinn Rice, who has been cast as the new Buck in the web-series production. Gerard offered Rice advice and his best wishes during their meeting, essentially passing the torch to the new Buck Rogers.

“Buck Rogers in the 25th Century,” the Internet series, is currently in pre-production.

I saw this a few weeks ago - it actually looks like it could be pretty cool and faithful to the original strip. There is also an unrelated theatrical movie in the works, which sadly will be campy like the TV show.

Flash Gordon had the abysmal TV show on the SciFi channel last year, but that certainly did nothing to help the franchise. I think actually that a serious sword-and-planet style Flash Gordon movie could do very well if done right.

Tarzan sadly has been relegated to straight-to-DVD sequels to the Disney animated movie. :(

Still, there are Conan, Solomon Kane, Green Hornet, John Carter, Lone Ranger, and Sherlock Holmes movies in the works, so maybe some of these characters will survive into the 21st century. I hope so. :wishluck:

Bedrock acknowledged one of my posts! :o(worship)

Most of your posts render me speechless (thumbs u

singleseries20.jpg

singleseries20.jpg

singleseries20.jpg

singleseries20.jpg

Wheeeee!!! :cloud9: