• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone Bidding on the Archie 1?

55 posts in this topic

I'd honestly be more excited if it was an Archie 2. I've seen a few copies of #1 floating around, as well as seen #3 a few times too. But #2? Like a needle in a haystack.

Usually seems like the 3th & 4th issues are the toughest (lower print runs before feedback comes in from first few issue sales). I'm kind of surprised the 2nd issue is so tough.

The first and third are the rarest, according to OSPG, but I've owned two copies of #3, have a #1 (looking to upgrade), seen three other #1's in various auctions, and only ever seen one #2 on an eBay auction.

There are 6 graded copies of Archie #2 and none of #3. (shrug)

I'd honestly be more excited if it was an Archie 2. I've seen a few copies of #1 floating around, as well as seen #3 a few times too. But #2? Like a needle in a haystack.

Usually seems like the 3th & 4th issues are the toughest (lower print runs before feedback comes in from first few issue sales). I'm kind of surprised the 2nd issue is so tough.

The first and third are the rarest, according to OSPG, but I've owned two copies of #3, have a #1 (looking to upgrade), seen three other #1's in various auctions, and only ever seen one #2 on an eBay auction.

B/S. The first one I had was a blue label CGC 1.8, the new one I have is a blue label 4.0.

I think I like Archie too much.

B/S. The first one I had was a blue label CGC 1.8, the new one I have is a blue label 4.0.

No, seriously. Census shows copies for # 1, 2, 4, 5, ect. There's no listing for #3.

Link

No, seriously. Census shows copies for # 1, 2, 4, 5, ect. There's no listing for #3.

Link

Oh, I believe you! lol I guess I sounded a bit mean.

But yea, I dunno. Both of mine were graded and in slabs, so I call shenanigans on their behalf.

Link

But yea, I dunno. Both of mine were graded and in slabs, so I call shenanigans on their behalf.

Well, you did make me go :eek: for a second. I suppose the Census has it's bugs. :whistle:

Link

Well, you did make me go :eek: for a second. I suppose the Census has it's bugs. :whistle:

Hahahah I was about to dig up pictures of my copies, too! lol

Link

Hahahah I was about to dig up pictures of my copies, too! lol

BL putting down the hammer! :makepoint:

She can use my hammer. PVC makes the ouch ;)

Saw some great pics of you at the Philly Con. Must say your Harley is a cut above the competition.

At least I think that was you. hahahaha

Brown hammer with a White Queen? ;P

:luhv: Thank youuu x] There may be some pictures of me and BL after Baltimore Comic Con........ >D

She can use my hammer. PVC makes the ouch ;)

Saw some great pics of you at the Philly Con. Must say your Harley is a cut above the competition.

At least I think that was you. hahahaha

Brown hammer with a White Queen? ;P

:luhv: Thank youuu x] There may be some pictures of me and BL after Baltimore Comic Con........ >D

Yes, that's one of the pictures I saw.

oh, and I am going to $50,000 + juice on the archie 1.... so everyone can eat my shorts!

just kidding

.... so everyone can eat my shorts!

It would take everyone here. Those darn things are getting big, Gator :eek: