• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

can someone tell me the gpa prices of xmen 58...

93 posts in this topic

ComicFan,

What MacMan was trying to say by telling you to search this topic was that this topic has been discussed dozens of times before, and in fact, that George has publicly stated that he is okay with the occasional public request for GPA data on the boards. I think he knows that it really does make him look like a champ and increases his brand to have people publicly interested. He's not really losing anything for the occasional cheapskate who otherwise wouldn't have joined for one purchase.

The responses you've seen here before yours from some old time, well respected posters are those that know that that is the policy and still find it offensive. I respect their position, but the fact remains that there is no strikable offense in this thread. Only an offense of offending certain posters, and certainly, arguably, one of good taste.

You and I really do get each other. :foryou:

(and the boy took his changing and feeding like a champ! whew!)

i have been looking to get this book for a little while now but was hoping someone could share the prices its been selling at for the cgc grade 7.0, 7.5, 8.0 and 8.5...

i would subscribe to gpa but i just dont buy enough cgc books for it to be worth my while so was hoping someone could help. thanks.

Here you go -

(8.5) 95.62

(8.0) 85.23

(7.5) 49.98

(7.0) 54.98

I could not care less if anybody does not like because I am not a subscriber as well. I get it free as a Heritage member and ANYBODY can go to Heritage, sign up for free, and do a search for any of the current auctions for the book you are looking for. There is a link at the bottom of the auction that states

"Exclusive to Heritage members: GPAnalysis price report (and link to CGC Census) for this certified comic"

I am sure GPAnalysis gets paid from Heritage.

Strike this.

Well said tomega.

I am a subscriber and since I am paying for it, I feel the info is mine to do with as I wish. Within reason and legalities.

What do you do when you are selling a book here on this forum? Post current GPA averages and the last couple of GPA recorded sales?

It ain't much different that helping someone out now and then.

When I talk with my comic collecting best friend, who is not a subscriber, and he asks about a book now and then (maybe four times a year, if that). I look it up and tell him exactly what the info is on GPA's web site.

Don't like me doing that. Then unsubscribe me.

It is actually free advertising for GPA IMO.

I still think GPA should allow a pay-per-view system.

I'm no more a suscriber because i dont buy enough CGC certified books each month.

$10 is a lot of money to just get one or two GPA prices each month.

I'm no more a suscriber because i dont buy enough CGC certified books each month.

i would do that. a dollar per view or something of that nature would be perfect for me.

ComicFan,

What MacMan was trying to say by telling you to search this topic was that this topic has been discussed dozens of times before, and in fact, that George has publicly stated that he is okay with the occasional public request for GPA data on the boards. I think he knows that it really does make him look like a champ and increases his brand to have people publicly interested. He's not really losing anything for the occasional cheapskate who otherwise wouldn't have joined for one purchase.

The responses you've seen here before yours from some old time, well respected posters are those that know that that is the policy and still find it offensive. I respect their position, but the fact remains that there is no strikable offense in this thread. Only an offense of offending certain posters, and certainly, arguably, one of good taste.

:foryou:

:foryou:

ComicFan,

You and I really do get each other. :foryou:

(and the boy took his changing and feeding like a champ! whew!)

:foryou: (thumbs u

Well said tomega.

I am a subscriber and since I am paying for it, I feel the info is mine to do with as I wish. Within reason and legalities.

What do you do when you are selling a book here on this forum? Post current GPA averages and the last couple of GPA recorded sales?

It ain't much different that helping someone out now and then.

When I talk with my comic collecting best friend, who is not a subscriber, and he asks about a book now and then (maybe four times a year, if that). I look it up and tell him exactly what the info is on GPA's web site.

Don't like me doing that. Then unsubscribe me.

It is actually free advertising for GPA IMO.

I would agree with these sentiments. Even these debates act as advertising -- not a bad thing.

sorry i didnt know people felt so strong about one request. just a n00b thing i wont do it again.

;) Do it all you want - you won't offend me :thumbsup:

What you might be unaware of is the fact that the owner of GPA is a well-respected member here. Perhaps if you offered to give some of whatever it is you produce to him free of charge, he'd rustle up those figures for you. (thumbs u

I just wonder if the people who respond like you do have ever lent anyone anything. What's the difference between a movie you bought or a book you bought or a magazine you bought, etc..... Are people really so squeaky clean that they can be this sarcastic and rude to others who commit this heinous crime against humanity?

I call straight up BS. Unless you've never let a buddy borrow a dvd or book or whatever and unless you've never, ever borrowed some copyrighted material, something you didn't pay for..........I don't buy all this holier than thou stuff just because it's GPA or because its related to another forum member. Selective BS posturing. JMHO

For the record, the occasional request doesn't bother me. I had GPA. I found some use in it. Nobody ever asked me directly for info and I never provided it simply b/c i'm not that nice.

No offense intended to you or anyone else. I just think its funny that people get up in arms about this when I'm pretty sure they don't have a leg to stand on if they looked at their own behavior.

i would do that. a dollar per view or something of that nature would be perfect for me.

+1 I would pay to play too. Like iTunes.

I agree. It should be like a cell phone plan. Those that use it a lot should get a subscription. Those like me who might need it once or twice per year should have a pay as you go option. (of course at a higher rate).

I agree. It should be like a cell phone plan. Those that use it a lot should get a subscription. Those like me who might need it once or twice per year should have a pay as you go option. (of course at a higher rate).

Put me down in the group of people who would use the service 1-5 times a year, and can't seem to justify a monthly expense, just for the information.

$1.00-10.00 year, versus $120.00 a year.

What you might be unaware of is the fact that the owner of GPA is a well-respected member here. Perhaps if you offered to give some of whatever it is you produce to him free of charge, he'd rustle up those figures for you. (thumbs u

I just wonder if the people who respond like you do have ever lent anyone anything. What's the difference between a movie you bought or a book you bought or a magazine you bought, etc..... Are people really so squeaky clean that they can be this sarcastic and rude to others who commit this heinous crime against humanity?

I call straight up BS. Unless you've never let a buddy borrow a dvd or book or whatever and unless you've never, ever borrowed some copyrighted material, something you didn't pay for..........I don't buy all this holier than thou stuff just because it's GPA or because its related to another forum member. Selective BS posturing. JMHO

For the record, the occasional request doesn't bother me. I had GPA. I found some use in it. Nobody ever asked me directly for info and I never provided it simply b/c i'm not that nice.

No offense intended to you or anyone else. I just think its funny that people get up in arms about this when I'm pretty sure they don't have a leg to stand on if they looked at their own behavior.

You can 'call straight up BS' all you like...be my guest...but there's a world of difference between depriving Warner Brothers of a few cents and taking food from George's mouth.

You know George? Nice guy, hangs here quite often. Very helpful and pleasant and produces GPA almost single-handedly.

And maybe it's his only source of income? And maybe he doesn't make a whole lot of profit out of it, but does it for the love of it? Who knows. Do you know?

Let's make a slightly more appropriate analogy, shall we? Do you think it's the right thing to do to take a $10 bill out of a friend's pocket and give it to a complete stranger just because they asked you to? Well?

And as for your 'No offense intended to you or anyone else', could you please help me reconcile the 'no offense' part with...'I call straight up BS' and 'I don't buy all this holier than thou stuff' and 'Selective BS posturing'?

All seems rather 'offensive' to me. hm

You can 'call straight up BS' all you like...be my guest...but there's a world of difference between depriving Warner Brothers of a few cents and taking food from George's mouth.

You know George? Nice guy, hangs here quite often. Very helpful and pleasant and produces GPA almost single-handedly.

And maybe it's his only source of income? And maybe he doesn't make a whole lot of profit out of it, but does it for the love of it? Who knows. Do you know?

Let's make a slightly more appropriate analogy, shall we? Do you think it's the right thing to do to take a $10 bill out of a friend's pocket and give it to a complete stranger just because they asked you to? Well?

And as for your 'No offense intended to you or anyone else', could you please help me reconcile the 'no offense' part with...'I call straight up BS' and 'I don't buy all this holier than thou stuff' and 'Selective BS posturing'?

All seems rather 'offensive' to me. hm

Well, i'm not really that kind of person. I have thick skin so am not easily offended on message boards. They're message boards after all. How seriously can you take somebody whom you've never met? I can't let somebody I don't know really get to me. I guess my mistake is thinking others are as thick skinned as myself. My apologies (thumbs u

However, I will oblige you with a response as I happen to think your closeness to the subject has skewed your ability to be objective.

First off, I don't know George. I'm certain he is all of the things you claim he is. Nobody has said anything to the contrary so you're being redundant, why? Because it's nothing more than a thinly veiled attempt to garner sympathy in what should be a very black and white discussion.

What's the difference between taking from George and taking from Warner Brothers?

Sentimentality because he's your friend and Warner's is some faceless corporation?

Frankly, your analogy isn't anymore appropriate than you mistakenly think it is. So I should assume, based on your line of questioning and your disregard for Warner's and the like, that not only would you have a problem with taking money from a friend's pocket (as would anyone I think) but you have no problem with somebody taking money from a stranger (Warners) and giving it to another stranger. Or perhaps you have no problem with somebody taking from Sumner Redstone or Steve Jobs, etc...It's all relative I suppose. So long as the situation is detached from you and your acquaintances am I to infer that it's fine and dandy in your eyes to take, take, take?

Like I said, I just don't buy it. Perhaps posturing isn't the correct term. Maybe hypocritical would be more appropriate.

I just find it amusing that people like yourself come down so hard on folks who make the request. Do you even bother to respond when the OP comes out and apologizes for not knowing what your rules are? It's nothing more than chest thumping and zealotry.

But just so we don't get our signals crossed or so that folks don't get the wrong impression. I am not for taking money out of George's pocket. I'm not for people ripping George off and cluttering the board with GPA requests.

I'm merely pointing out what I believe to be a wee bit of hypocrisy. My guess is people don't conduct themselves in the manner with which you would have them deal with GPA. And that's evident by your nonchalant attitude towards people ripping Warners off. So yes, I don't buy the over the top, sarcastic, verbal thrashing that newbies get for asking for GPA data.

But hey, if you can tell me in all honesty that you conduct everything in your life the way you approach GPA, i.e. you don't bum DVD's or any products for that matter, then you are an exception and should be lauded for your stance. Maybe I am going out on a limb but I just can't get the image out of my head of somebody mocking someone from behind a keyboard over requesting GPA data whilst sitting on their desk is a copy of Watchmen they borrowed from their pal.

ps the point is there's a better way to talk to people and let them know you disagree with what they are doing. Especially when it is something relatively trivial like requesting GPA data. A brief but clear pm would work, no? I know that personally, I would much rather prefer somebody let me know if I have made an "egregious" error in private or in a civil manner, without the sarcasm and smart tone.

ps: que the inevitable, mirrored retort that I should take my own advice and be a nicer, gentler poster. :grin: