• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Lantern #7 (1st SINESTRO!) and #8 VF (Grey tone cover) now added

53 posts in this topic

Thanks, Pat.

Didn't realize I'd be breaking so many hearts buying this book.

I'm in a good mood, and I haven't been invoiced for this book yet, so if anyone absolutely MUST own this book and is in tears because they want it so bad, let me know before I pay. Otherwise, it's all mine.

Now THAT is a solid move on your part, but what a book to have early on in rebuilding a collection.

:applause:

I'm in a good mood, and I haven't been invoiced for this book yet, so if anyone absolutely MUST own this book and is in tears because they want it so bad, let me know before I pay. Otherwise, it's all mine.

Wow that's a nice offer but there's no need for that. If somebody really wants this book it's theirs for the buying. Not at quite as good a price as you paid, but hey that's life, but several copies in different grades are available.

Very nice pickup :headbang:

Thanks, Pat.

Now THAT is a solid move on your part, but what a book to have early on in rebuilding a collection.

It helps to ease the pain of passing on 9.2s and 9.4s years ago when they were much cheaper.

Also, in 2003 I scored a Detective 395 in CGC 9.4 WHITE, when it was the highest graded and only one of two 9.4s. Sold it at a little over my cost (only $350!) a few months after to another board member who really wanted it. It was beautiful (looked like a 9.6) and one of the few books I regret selling. :(

Wow that's a nice offer but there's no need for that. If somebody really wants this book it's theirs for the buying. Not at quite as good a price as you paid, but hey that's life, but several copies in different grades are available.

Very nice pickup :headbang:

Thanks. And if I upgrade, or just decide it needs a new home, I have no problem offering it here at my cost. I'm no comic dealer. ;)

Green Lantern #76 CGC 8.5 $750

The weird marks are from scuffing on the brand new case from CGC (maybe dropped in the encapsulation or shipping department?).

scan0001.jpg

as per pm :takeit:

thanks Ryan always great and to easy giveing you my money

Kain

Green Lantern #76 CGC 8.5 $750

The weird marks are from scuffing on the brand new case from CGC (maybe dropped in the encapsulation or shipping department?).

as per pm :takeit:

thanks Ryan always great and to easy giveing you my money

Kain

Congrats Kain!

Here are a couple of books for the afternoon:

Fantastic Four #55 CGC 9.0 $350

One of the best Marvel covers of the Silver Age.

A copy sold on Clink recently for $435.

scan0006.jpg

Tomahawk #119 VF (8.0) - $40 (BETHLEHEM PEDIGREE - no COA though) :news:SOLD

Classic Neal Adams cover.

Got this as a 9.0 in the trade with the Batman #227 so it may grade higher, but it looks like a nice 8.0 to me.

Tomahawk119Bethlehem.jpg

Here is the other Adams Tomahawk book:

Tomahawk #123 VF 8.0 $30

Got this as an 8.5 in the trade with the Batman #227 so it may grade higher, but it looks like a nice 8.0 to me.

Tomahawk123.jpg

And for a little fun...................

Green Lantern #7 7.5/8.0 $400 :news:SOLD

KEY - 1st Sinestro

I bought this from Bob Storms as a VF 8.0. The main problem is the rough cut left edge on the back cover that has led to a couple of edge nicks/tears.

GreenLantern7fc.jpg

GreenLantern7bc.jpg

Tomahawk #119 VF (8.0) - $40 (BETHLEHEM PEDIGREE - no COA though)

Got this as a 9.0 in the trade with the Batman #227 so it may grade higher, but it looks like a nice 8.0 to me.

Tomahawk119Bethlehem.jpg

:takeit:

Green Lantern #7 7.5/8.0 $400

KEY - 1st Sinestro

I bought this from Bob Storms as a VF 8.0. The main problem is the rough cut left edge on the back cover that has led to a couple of edge nicks/tears.

GreenLantern7fc.jpg

GreenLantern7bc.jpg

Green Lantern #7 7.5/8.0 $400

KEY - 1st Sinestro

GreenLantern7fc.jpg

GreenLantern7bc.jpg

Great pickup Martin ! :golfclap: I must say that I had an eye on that one too. Nice looking copy !