• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Bang Theory

37 posts in this topic

...One thing that struck me as odd though was that In the first season of the show Sheldon had several framed comics on wall and all were silver DC's ,..I think Superman 80 page giant #197, and Secret Origins 80 page #8 and a couple of silver Green Lanterns,....then with the second season they changed all the wall books to modern DC's,...I guess they were trying to connect to a younger audience

I recently participated in a poll and gave Big Bang Theory as my favorite show. My wife also giggles at me from time to time during the show (which she loves). We both dig Psych as well. And Burn Notice.

I'm probably the only one who doesn't like this show. :sorry:

You watch this show from Greece? (Internet?)

What's actually interesting about this show is that if you DVR it, the end credits have this white page with LOTS of little text. If you have HD (I guess), it's pretty readable and is basically a blog entry by the show creator I think. It changes with each episode.

I borrowed the dvd of the first season from a friend. I watched the first 2 and a half episodes and barely smiled three times through the whole thing. Just not my cup of tea, I guess. (shrug)

It's a very clever and acutely well-observed show - can't figure out why it wasn't done years ago. Definitely the best sitcom from the U.S. at present, and way better than Spaced (a Brit show which was vaguely nerdy and comic-related)...the guy who plays Sheldon is incredible, but then all the leads are good.

I borrowed the dvd of the first season from a friend. I watched the first 2 and a half episodes and barely smiled three times through the whole thing. Just not my cup of tea, I guess. (shrug)

Those first ones weren't really when they hit their stride...

Maybe some people can recommend specific show episodes. (shrug)

You know, somebody else told me the same thing, the other day. That the show needed a little time before getting everything together and that I probably should've been more patient.

I can still borrow the first season and watch the rest, I guess. hm

You know, somebody else told me the same thing, the other day. That the show needed a little time before getting everything together and that I probably should've been more patient.

I can still borrow the first season and watch the rest, I guess. hm

What is surprising is the only person so far who does not like the show is overseas. The show is actually a lot bigger worldwide than in the U.S. That being said. I love the show. Watch all the new episodes on a regular basis. The guy who plays Sheldon really has the greatest physical timing on American TV today.

Here is definitely a great example of what I am talking about.

What's actually interesting about this show is that if you DVR it, the end credits have this white page with LOTS of little text. If you have HD (I guess), it's pretty readable and is basically a blog entry by the show creator I think. It changes with each episode.

Ya! Definitely pause to read the last "panel" in the credits. Sometimes person_without_enough_empathyy, sometimes hilarious, but always worth the read (thumbs u

This is by far my favorite sitcom on television these days. I find myself laughing out loud at least once during every episode.

I don't think i've ever laughed harder at a sitcom as at the end of the Christmas episode this year. and at a certain point you could even see some of it coming, but it was just hilarous and just completely driven by how the characters would actually behave and react! My sides hurt! If you haven't seen it, I can't describe it without spoiling it, but it is worth checking out. Sitcoms are at their best when the humor just comes from the characters' nature and this one was great.

And yes, I have friends who have tried to add lizard and Spock to "rock, paper sissors." It is just plain ol' fun to hear someone say "paper disproves Spock!" And btw, they were women, this show ain't just for us geeks!