• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Bang Theory

37 posts in this topic

I have not seen a thread on this show. I started watching it earlier this year after I found out that one of my clients was involved with the show. I later found out that a second client is involved and have been DVRing all of the shows.

I think that it is very funny, but also quite painful at times. I had not watched comedies in a while but watch this one all the time.

I assume that with the comic reference many here watch it, and was surprised that there had not been a general discussion on it. Of course it also helps that I am a DC fan and almost all references are DC based.

I am trying to set it up with one of my clients to go to a filming later this month in Burbank. I might be able to get someone else from the LA area to go with me if they are interested. One of the perks that comes with owning a business where I am often the Actuary to the stars.

One of the few sitcoms that I like and watch fairly regularly.

Same here. Other than the super-nerdy physics stuff, far, far too much of the show can be placed into various periods of my life. Not that anyone would guess that. This being a comic forum an' all ...

:sorry:

One of the things I really liked was that one of the episodes featured Sheldon reading a Batman comic and it was the issue of Batman that came out that week. I was actually cataloging the comic while my wife and I watched it. I geeked out a wee bit.

My favorite comedy on TV.

I had a thread about this awhile back.

Every book in the comic store is DC. So are all the figures, posters and T-Shirts.

The only references to Marvel characters is in the dialog.

They made an Iron Man reference a couple of weeks ago.

It's a good show. My wife and I love it.

Heh, ya, my wife loves the show too. Funny thing though, she points at me and giggles from time to time when we watch it. (shrug)

Yes mine does that too. She finds it funny that I have some of the same habits and idiosyncrasies as some of the characters.

My favorite comedy on TV.

I had a thread about this awhile back.

Every book in the comic store is DC. So are all the figures, posters and T-Shirts.

The only references to Marvel characters is in the dialog.

They made an Iron Man reference a couple of weeks ago.

the reason that all their stuff is mostly DC is that Warner Brothers, owned by Time Warner, owns DC Comics. So it is best, and cheaper, for them to show off their own product.

Heh, ya, my wife loves the show too. Funny thing though, she points at me and giggles from time to time when we watch it. (shrug)

My wife does the same...

But then I'll laugh and say her brother's name...he's 1 social disfunction away from being Sheldon.

Dude, me too...my wife will laugh at the show and then point at me. It is a great show.

I am glad someone brought up this show.My wife and I love it.The detail in some of the "nerdery" is awesome.

One particular episode they were talking about their weekly rituals and Wed. was comic day.When they went to the store the LCS owner was taking comics out of a Diamond Dist. box and they were discussing the battle for the cowl which was current at that time.

Of course one of my favorites is the framed comics over Sheldon's bed which are all Michael Turner DC covers and when I qouted which exact issue each was my wife told me I had reached the Pinnacle of "nerdery"

Great funny show.I recommend it for anyone who likes comics and Sci-fi.

One of the first episode I saw Sheldon and the comic book employee were discussing the events in the DC universe and I flet like such a geek when I could follow almost all of the discourse.

Even though I was not reading comics in my 20's i can relate to the characters and their dealings with women, especially Leonard.

My wife and I watched a couple of the reruns last night. She was finding it more funny as those were not quite as painful towards the geeks.