• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics book records

26 posts in this topic

I just got a turntable which is supposed to allow me to convert vinyl to mp3's or iTunes.

I dug out one of my old boxes of RECORD ALBUMS ( i realize you youngsters out there do not even know what that is)

while looking through the box I found a number of comic/startrek related items. WHile the full size albums are to big for my scanner I found 4 sealed 7" 33 1/3 little Lp's that I thought that the board might like to see them.

any idea what these are worth?

anybody have more to show?

power1295.jpg

power2299.jpg

power2304.jpg

power2372.jpg

Wow never seen these before.

All my recordes are in the attic. When one of the kids moves out (maybe in 2099) i will move my comics and records into that room and they will live again.

Excellent stuff jmg. Neil

I just looked in the O guide I had handy ( #35) and all that I found were prices for the combination comic and record set.

what I have were issued only as records. no comic was ever a part of these.

In Addition to the 4 mini records I also have several full sized albums. Those are too large for the scanner and I will have to take a picture of them sometime. They include:

8146 Amazing Spider-Man and Friends

8199 Exciting Christmas Stories (with Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman on the cover)

1127 Batman

8155 Batman

8168 Star Trek

8158 Star Trek

and 8236 Star Trek

Out of the 10 all but the Spiderman are still shrinkwrapped unopened

here is a partial scan of the spiderman album

power8146.jpg

I just got a turntable which is supposed to allow me to convert vinyl to mp3's or iTunes.

I dug out one of my old boxes of RECORD ALBUMS ( i realize you youngsters out there do not even know what that is)

while looking through the box I found a number of comic/startrek related items. WHile the full size albums are to big for my scanner I found 4 sealed 7" 33 1/3 little Lp's that I thought that the board might like to see them.

power1295.jpg

power2299.jpg

power2304.jpg

power2372.jpg

Cool...love all the Neal Adams covers!

power1295.jpg

power2299.jpg

power2304.jpg

power2372.jpg

Cool...love all the Neal Adams covers!

http://www.nealadams.com/records.html

Since they are in plastic bags they must be MINT. Isn't that what all of the craigs list adds say?

Actually the records themselves are mint, but the covers might be warped a bit and I think at least one or two have the corners clipped.

Sure Disney is comics related and I would enjoy them.

Here is the Batman one. I had to learn how to do the whole process from a camera instead of a scanner. not used to the process of size vs quality vs time. hope these are not too big. for some reason almost all of the albums that I uploaded were turned 90 during the process. i had to reedit in photobucket to turn it back.

IMG_1551.jpg

this one was not turned

Power8155.jpg

I've never seen any of these before. They're pretty cool. It just so happens I went to play poker at a friend's last night and he gave me this. He said his wife found it at a yard sale and new I collected comics so she got it. There's no record but I thought it was super cool of her to pick this up for me.

SupermanRecord.jpg