• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

a thought on Dr Wertham

11 posts in this topic

After he pretty much destroyed EC in particular and comics in general,Dr Wertham turned his attention to hollywood and television.Now,years after his death-the youth of America is watching Tales from the Crypt and Madtv. on the television sets in their own homes.Just thought it was kind of ironic.

And now comics are abandoning the Comics Code. Hehehe

You know, I've always wanted to read Seduction of the Innocent. Has it ever been reprinted since the 50s?

You can find the whole book online, in downloadable PDF files.

And now comics are abandoning the Comics Code. Hehehe

You know, I've always wanted to read Seduction of the Innocent. Has it ever been reprinted since the 50s?

You can find the whole book online, in downloadable PDF files.

Link?

confused-smiley-013.gif

I've never come across actual text, but here's a snippet from an article at the FirstAmendmentCenter.org website:

"Decades later, Wertham would recant that assertion by reporting that comic-book readers often grow up to be normal, well-adjusted adults. He would even write a 1973 book, The World of Fanzines, glorifying the community spirit of the comics-fan subculture."

Anyone ever see this later Wertham work?

Arnold

"Decades later, Wertham would recant that assertion by reporting that comic-book readers often grow up to be normal, well-adjusted adults. He would even write a 1973 book, The World of Fanzines, glorifying the community spirit of the comics-fan subculture."

Too bad he didn't live to see the CGC Boards....he might have recanted his recant! insane.gif