• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Larry's Comics

74 posts in this topic

Yesterday I received two comics from a web purchase of Larry's Comics: Chew and Stuff of Legend. Both items were shipped in a plain mailing envelope. The envelope was damaged in route and taped back together. The Chew comic arrived nice and neat, bagged and boarded. The Stuff of Legend comic took a beating as it was loose between two pieces of cardboard.

I called Larry's Comics to see about replacing the Stuff of Legend. A woman answered the phone and I explained that I'd ordered some comics from the website but one of them arrived damaged. I asked who could I speak to about the damaged book. She asked me to hold on and passed the phone to a gent. As I was explaining my situation again, the guy cut me off told me he packaged the book himself but that because stuff of legends was not a standard size, bags and boards didn't exist for it. I tried to explain that I thought perhaps it has been damaged in transit. He said very curtly, "send it back and I'll replace it, that's all I can do to make you happy." And he started to hang up. I asked him his name; I was speaking to Larry, the Larry of Larry's Comics. I said, "I respect what you do and I'm not trying to argue with you, just that." Again he cut me off, "But you are."

I was shocked, "You think I'm arguing with you?" He said, "Yes you are arguing with me, I can't control the mail." I opened my mouth to say something else and he said, "I'm hanging up now mam" and the phone went dead.

So I'm wondering WTF just happened?? It was as if I had some long standing disgruntled relationship with this guy, but this was my first purchase and my last. Larry's Comics may have some sweet variants but his customer service is below sub par.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

100_2082.jpg

It may be difficult to see in the picture but the taped edge was how the packaged arrive. It was torn when I got it, but Larry never gave me a chance to explain that.

How did you pay? If you paid with Pay Pal, I would put a dispute in. This guy's obviously not customer service oriented, so eff him.

Problem is to do anything through PayPal in the way of customer service satisfaction, all they will cover you for is delivery, not content.

It is only eBay transactions where they take it a little more serious.

Was this an eBay purchase?

I think you were being unreasonable. Larry is a very busy man and can't be bothered arguing with some lady over funny books and their 'condition'.

Seriously, give the guy a break!

Yesterday I received two comics from a web purchase of Larry's Comics: Chew and Stuff of Legend. Both items were shipped in a plain mailing envelope. The envelope was damaged in route and taped back together. The Chew comic arrived nice and neat, bagged and boarded. The Stuff of Legend comic took a beating as it was loose between two pieces of cardboard.

I called Larry's Comics to see about replacing the Stuff of Legend. A woman answered the phone and I explained that I'd ordered some comics from the website but one of them arrived damaged. I asked who could I speak to about the damaged book. She asked me to hold on and passed the phone to a gent. As I was explaining my situation again, the guy cut me off told me he packaged the book himself but that because stuff of legends was not a standard size, bags and boards didn't exist for it. I tried to explain that I thought perhaps it has been damaged in transit. He said very curtly, "send it back and I'll replace it, that's all I can do to make you happy." And he started to hang up. I asked him his name; I was speaking to Larry, the Larry of Larry's Comics. I said, "I respect what you do and I'm not trying to argue with you, just that." Again he cut me off, "But you are."

I was shocked, "You think I'm arguing with you?" He said, "Yes you are arguing with me, I can't control the mail." I opened my mouth to say something else and he said, "I'm hanging up now mam" and the phone went dead.

So I'm wondering WTF just happened?? It was as if I had some long standing disgruntled relationship with this guy, but this was my first purchase and my last. Larry's Comics may have some sweet variants but his customer service is below sub par.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

100_2082.jpg

It may be difficult to see in the picture but the taped edge was how the packaged arrive. It was torn when I got it, but Larry never gave me a chance to explain that.

I would mail him some dead fish...in a nice sturdy priority box -- just to show him how to send something securely thru the mail!

WTF is it with people in the comic book business? More and more I'm hearing stories of near or absolutely no customer service. I've encountered more than my share of rude dealers at conventions. I just don't get it.

I was once given a great piece of advice from someone: You don't have to care, but at least act like you do. Of course, it always better if you do actually care.

I just don't get the lack of customer service skills :screwy:

I was going to order from his site the other day until I saw his eBay feedback. Obviously he does not understand the basic concepts of good business - do a good job and maybe a customer will tell one person, do a bad job and that same customer will tell 10 people about their bad experience..

How did you pay? If you paid with Pay Pal, I would put a dispute in. This guy's obviously not customer service oriented, so eff him.

Thanks to all for reading my rant. Lauren I used PayPal but not ebay. In such situations, PayPal is very reluctant to get involved. I'm not out a lot of cash here, more like the principle of it all. This was a poor experience and I will not purchase from Larry's Comics ever again. On a positive note, I'm looking forward to Baltimore where I hope to pick up some sweet comics, including Stuff of Legend. :cloud9:

WTF is it with people in the comic book business?

I opened my mouth to say something else and he said, "I'm hanging up now mam" and the phone went dead.

Well, he did end the call with "Ma'am," so sounds like with this wonderful seller he has been seeing a career coach to teach him some manners. He's light years ahead of his previous engagements.

What a treat! :frustrated:

We're going to need a list of 'sellers' who take money and send the wrong stuff or nothing at all, and then abuse the people who've given them money soon. Like a whole new probation list dedicated to this special breed of scum.

Geez, I'm sorry but I did find some of his comments funny. This guy is a nutcase.

- YES i swore at jim..who called or emailed me daily..I did not like him at all

- If you are so unhappy, why not send the back for a refund you little dink.

- PHONED he needed the item FAST for his sons "coming out of the closet party"

Thanks to all for reading my rant. Lauren I used PayPal but not ebay. In such situations, PayPal is very reluctant to get involved. I'm not out a lot of cash here, more like the principle of it all. This was a poor experience and I will not purchase from Larry's Comics ever again. On a positive note, I'm looking forward to Baltimore where I hope to pick up some sweet comics, including Stuff of Legend. :cloud9:

Be thankful you didn`t meet him in person like I did. one of the most unpleasant experiences I ever had.