• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone here play any online games?

45 posts in this topic

I play EQ 2-3 times a week. I would like to play more, but it seems I am always busy with un-fun things.

I thought about playing some of the others, but if I don’t have much time for one, I can’t see getting into another.

From 1995 through to 1997 I played Quake online, almost every day for 2-3 hours, drove my wife nuts, trouble was that I was still on dial-up and had monthly phone bills of $300 - $400 almost entirely Quake-related shocked.gif

Only positive to come out of that is, whenever I get a hefty Visa-bill for comic purchases, I just mention the word "Quake" and she gets of my back a little angel.gif

Weird thing is once I got cable I got bored with Quake and never got into any other game, not even Quake 2,3 or the variants....

I am waiting for the role-playing game based on the Marvel Universe though, been reading about it for years. The chance to become ANY character in the Marvel Universe and interact with thousands of other on a HUGE playing-field sounds like tremendous fun. Still can't decide if I'll be one of the (undoubtedly) thousands of Dr. Dooms, Iron Men or a more unique character like Turner D. Century laugh.gif

Not much recently. In the past, however, Diablo, UO, America's Army, Battlefield 1942...can't think of anymore off the top of my head.

The 'hero' game coming out (supposed to be March 04') called City of Heroes looks VERY cool! Here is the website in case anyone is interested:

http://www.cityofheroes.com

Other games I'm looking forward to:

Middle Earth Online

Half-Life 2

The 'hero' game coming out (supposed to be March 04') called City of Heroes looks VERY cool! Here is the website in case anyone is interested:

http://www.cityofheroes.com

I want something like that but with the Marvel heroes sign-rantpost.gif

Man, I would never leave the house again... 893whatthe.gif

I am waiting for the role-playing game based on the Marvel Universe though, been reading about it for years. The chance to become ANY character in the Marvel Universe and interact with thousands of other on a HUGE playing-field sounds like tremendous fun. Still can't decide if I'll be one of the (undoubtedly) thousands of Dr. Dooms, Iron Men or a more unique character like Turner D. Century laugh.gif

I also remember hearing about that a few years ago and was looking forward to hearing more about the concept. Any idea what's going on with it? Or which company was doing it?

I also remember hearing about that a few years ago and was looking forward to hearing more about the concept. Any idea what's going on with it? Or which company was doing it?

If memory serves me right, the last time I read about it was on the Silver Bullet website, about 9 months -12 months ago. Trouble is they have about 15 regular columnists and each writes a weekly column, so that's a lot of copy to rummage through....