• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So was Chicago really bad this year??? No post in GA?, no pics?

127 posts in this topic

scrooge posted a few books in the "cigar" thread, I think most folks were still at the con today. I got back home (Kentucky) about 5:00 eastern, but have been too busy to post anything yet, but I had a wonderful con, and picked up a few books. :shy:

What didja get?? :juggle:

Ooooohhhh ... there's one book in there you won't want to miss ... :devil:

Ditto.

I am thinking about a book bought not on the first day. You too?

:hi:

scrooge posted a few books in the "cigar" thread, I think most folks were still at the con today. I got back home (Kentucky) about 5:00 eastern, but have been too busy to post anything yet, but I had a wonderful con, and picked up a few books. :shy:

What didja get?? :juggle:

Ooooohhhh ... there's one book in there you won't want to miss ... :devil:

Ditto.

I am thinking about a book bought not on the first day. You too?

:hi:

scanning now guys, pics up in a sec.

ok, first up, a very nice 5.0/5.5 ow/w Action #49 that, for some reason, is one of the tougher issues to find. in fact, this copy is the only copy I've seen in person. very happy to have it. bought from Joe V.

Scan10001-2.jpg

Another book bought from Joe V. is this solid 4.5 White paged WWII cover Action #62. this is one of those "one staple" issues that almost always has the cover detached or centerfold loose. this copy thankfully has neither.

Scan10004.jpg

and finally, my first restored book, that's right I've given into the PLOD. but somehow, I think I'll be just fine with that. BIG HUGE WHOPPING thanks go to Brian (Durden08) for keeping true to his word and letting me have first crack at this puppy should he ever decide to sell. Thanks again Brian !! it will be cherished. :cloud9:

Scan10003.jpg

ok, first up, a very nice 5.0/5.5 ow/w Action #49 that, for some reason, is one of the tougher issues to find. in fact, this copy is the only copy I've seen in person. very happy to have it. bought from Joe V.

Scan10001-2.jpg

Another book bought from Joe V. is this solid 4.5 White paged WWII cover Action #62. this is one of those "one staple" issues that almost always has the cover detached or centerfold loose. this copy thankfully has neither.

Scan10004.jpg

and finally, my first restored book, that's right I've given into the PLOD. but somehow, I think I'll be just fine with that. BIG HUGE WHOPPING thanks go to Brian (Durden08) for keeping true to his word and letting me have first crack at this puppy should he ever decide to sell. Thanks again Brian !! it will be cherished. :cloud9:

Scan10003.jpg

talk about a major score. Three incredible books!

Scan10001-2.jpg

If Joe had that in SD, I'm gonna shoot myself in the head. doh!

Nice books, Alton. Congrats!

I'll get some pics and stories in tomorrow hopefully.

Had a great time and was blown away by Bedrock's books as well as John Verzyl's wall of awe.

R.

Scan10001-2.jpg

If Joe had that in SD, I'm gonna shoot myself in the head. doh!

Nice books, Alton. Congrats!

Jeff, it wasn't up on his "wall", it was in his box stock, he had some seriously nice Actions in his box stock, he has a nice 7.0 ish Action #47 which I would have also snagged if not for the slightly brittle pages. :sorry: it was priced right as well, such a shame.

I'll get some pics and stories in tomorrow hopefully.

Had a great time and was blown away by Bedrock's books as well as John Verzyl's wall of awe.

R.

yes Ditto to that! great books!

I'll do a full report in the near future, but here are a few of my better purchases :)

chi09.jpg

chi09003.jpg

chi09004.jpg

chi09007.jpg

chi09021.jpg

chi09023.jpg

You had some VERY nice books, Steve. Plus the pick-up at the auction. Thanks for showing them off.

I'll get my GA pick-ups before the other big guys and gals start posting.

Rangers 26 (Simon Powell collection). Bought this from Basement Comics - great guys. Their wireless card reader wasn't functioning where they were so Al and I walked out of the con into the rain so the reader can gain signal. He gave me a discount for taking a walk. :o

Rangers-26.jpg

Doll-Man 45. Bought from Bedrock along with a few other books. Can't say enough good things about Rick.

Doll-Man-45.jpg

Wings 75

Wings-75.jpg

Fight 55

Fight-55.jpg

Fight 83

Fight-83.jpg

Real Life 42

Real_Life-42.jpg

Rangers 26 (Simon Powell collection). Bought this from Basement Comics - great guys. Their wireless card reader wasn't functioning where they were so Al and I walked out of the con into the rain so the reader can gain signal. He gave me a discount for taking a walk. :o

Rangers-26.jpg

[/img]

I don't remember this one picking up the red for the background of this classic cover. I always thought of it as strictly an orange book. I like it.

Scan10001-2.jpg

Scan10004.jpg

Scan10003.jpg

they look even better in hand. way to go dude.

Rangers-26.jpg

Doll-Man 45. Bought from Bedrock along with a few other books. Can't say enough good things about Rick.

Doll-Man-45.jpg

Wings 75

Wings-75.jpg

Fight 55

Fight-55.jpg

Fight 83

Fight-83.jpg

Real Life 42

Real_Life-42.jpg

nicely done szelim, and nice to meet you as well.

I thought the GA selection was pretty weak this year. Between Harley, Motor City and Ted I usually find something that I want, but I struck out this time. Maybe I am just getting more picky. COWright did snag a nice Brick Bradford that I would have bought if I had seen it first. VERY pretty book, so congrats to him. As it turned out, I only bought a singe golden age book, but I am happy with it. Posted it in the have a cigar thread, but what the hell....

]bluebolt116.jpg

Wow, incredible books everyone. The colors on that Weird Tales look fantastic Andy.

I am still bummed I did not get a chance to at least say hello to everyone at the Convention, but glad for those I was able to meet for the first time. So much floor space to try and cover with a 5 year old girl.

And Alton, congrats again on the Action 10. "3rd Superman Cover" kinda says it all.