• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So was Chicago really bad this year??? No post in GA?, no pics?

127 posts in this topic

thanks Kenny, great talking to you again this year. Great bunch of books Steve, nice to see you got that Action #43 one of my faves. Andy, sorry I missed seeing you this week, how did I miss you? and talking to Billy Parker is always fun!

thanks Kenny, great talking to you again this year. Great bunch of books Steve, nice to see you got that Action #43 one of my faves. Andy, sorry I missed seeing you this week, how did I miss you? and talking to Billy Parker is always fun!

I missed a lot of people unfortunately. :( You, Billy Parker, Shiver...

I was only at the con from Wednesday until Friday, skipped the weekend to hang out with my family and some friends downtown.

Holy spoon, great pickups guys!

I too am intrigued by the background of that Rangers 26. Is the background really as "fire-engine red" as it looks in the scan? I guess the magenta plate ran up strongly? I've never seen one that looked remotely like that.

Holy spoon, great pickups guys!

I too am intrigued by the background of that Rangers 26. Is the background really as "fire-engine red" as it looks in the scan? I guess the magenta plate ran up strongly? I've never seen one that looked remotely like that.

Book in hand, the background is more orange-red, definitely not a pure orange.

This looks familiar. hm

Nice to see Scrooge embracing the commercial side of the hobby! :applause: Sweet book!

lol Steve kept on asking for it. Who was I to turn down the nicest guy on the board? Early Actions aren't my thing anyway. This paid for my Modesty Blaise art :cloud9:

My favorite quote of the con:

Dealer to potential buyer chronic looker:

"See. I've made the first move. In fact, I've made 3 moves. I told you I'd take less than $110. I told you I'd take less than $108. He told you I'd take $100. I need you to do some work here too. I think that as soon as you walk away from the booth, you're going to start wondering. 'I might have been able to get that book for $20 or $40. But I'll never know because I wouldn't make an offer.' I think you're afraid to make an offer because I might accept it."

potential buyer chronic looker:

"Yes." And shortly walks away.

Just love that Avengers #162, great issue.

Wrong forum, I know, but it looks good in hand. Just a little miscut but I've not seen a well-centered HG copy yet.

the c'town haul:

have wanted this since it popped up on the octupus covers thread a few months back.

bluecircle3.jpg

this cole completes the 4 ghostly weird books that took over from blue bolt weird.

gweird124.jpg

a beautiful book of eldon's that i've wanted since a couple weeks ago when some boardie posted his copy. love it.

master51.jpg

a salida in my at least one of each g.a. p'gree run at long last. thanks to a boardie for it; you know who you are.

salida.jpg

2 tuff planets in the teens.

planet14.jpg

planet16.jpg

i don't exactly collect ghost rider, but i've got all the frazetta covers from g.r. and tim holt, and the first appearance book at a great price just looked too good to pass up.

timholt11.jpg

yellowjackets 2 and 5--both are pretty hard, and the latter is the crippen.

yj2.jpg

yj5.jpg

Alton, it looks like you deviated from your plan about not spending any more money after the Action 10 pickup. lol The Action 49 is an awesome addition, and it's probably the nicest copy I've ever seen of that issue. :applause:

As always, it looks like Steve (143ksk) acquired lots of great stuff at this convention! (thumbs u

The convention seemed more lively this year compared to the last two years. I wish I had more time to spend there, but I did get to meet several board members. Lots of nice books available IMO.

Here's my two pickups at the con. The plan was not to spend any money ... that is until Alton pulls a beautiful Action 43 out of a dealer box to taunt me with. :pullhair: The Action 59 was acquired from thedude, and it's an Action war cover I've been looking for for quite awile. Thanks Alton!

Act4359.jpg

Alton, it looks like you deviated from your plan about not spending any more money after the Action 10 pickup. lol The Action 49 is an awesome addition, and it's probably the nicest copy I've ever seen of that issue. :applause:

As always, it looks like Steve (143ksk) acquired lots of great stuff at this convention! (thumbs u

The convention seemed more lively this year compared to the last two years. I wish I had more time to spend there, but I did get to meet several board members. Lots of nice books available IMO.

Here's my two pickups at the con. The plan was not to spend any money ... that is until Alton pulls a beautiful Action 43 out of a dealer box to taunt me with. :pullhair: The Action 59 was acquired from thedude, and it's an Action war cover I've been looking for for quite awile. Thanks Alton!

Act4359.jpg

Brian, those two books look beautiful next to each other, sorry I made you spend more money at the con by finding that Action #43 lol

yeah, I wasn't planning on spending any more money after buying your Action #10, but when I found the nice mid grade Actions at Joe V.'s booth, I knew I had to buy them. especially at Joe's reasonable prices.

Act4359.jpg

Killer books Durden (thumbs u

the c'town haul:

have wanted this since it popped up on the octupus covers thread a few months back.

bluecircle3.jpg

this cole completes the 4 ghostly weird books that took over from blue bolt weird.

gweird124.jpg

a beautiful book of eldon's that i've wanted since a couple weeks ago when some boardie posted his copy. love it.

master51.jpg

a salida in my at least one of each g.a. p'gree run at long last. thanks to a boardie for it; you know who you are.

salida.jpg

planet14.jpg

planet16.jpg

i don't exactly collect ghost rider, but i've got all the frazetta covers from g.r. and tim holt, and the first appearance book at a great price just looked too good to pass up.

timholt11.jpg

yj2.jpg

yj5.jpg

Great pick-ups, bp! Especially those Planets - don't see those too often. :applause:

the c'town haul:

Great pick-ups, bp! Especially those Planets - don't see those too often. :applause:

Great haul. Love the Planets and the Raboy Master Comics.

Got this wonderful book for my run. Bob Overstreet copy. Some color touch removal resulted in some scraping along the spine but hte rest of the book is 9.2 fresh.

Chicago09021.jpg