• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Project Sketch Cover Megathread

4,091 posts in this topic

man i love the frame for the new blanks

sick sketch danny!

These new blank books are really nice. They are not really a specific topic like the dark avengers or secret invasion so can pretty much do anything.

i know! i hope you can get some nice Moon Knights on them!

I am going to keep my 5 blank lol I dont know anyone to sketch on them and I cant afford the costs anyways to get sketches done.

I got a couple of sweet sketches done at the show :whistle:

:popcorn:

Post the Cheung!!!! :sumo:

I stayed a few extra days to visit the city. I'll post it when I get back home.

It was great meeting you.

Likewise. I love meeting other sketch cover hounds. I also love how you got your better half to do the really dirty work, like getting J. Scott Campbell. (worship)

That worked well, she's a trooper.

I love how nobody is talking about how they got their sketch covers early. :) Who sold them to you early?

Joel

P.S. Campbell now does very little sketching at shows. He either takes an interest list and picks a few names at random to do sketches, or at San Diego he offered raffle tickets when you bought stuff from him, and would raffle off about 1-2 really nice sketches per day. At a slower show (perhaps Dallas next weekend?) he may do quick head sketches. The key is just to be persistent. The more he sees you making a request, the more your name goes up the list until you get a sketch. That's my experience at least. Or, if he decides to do a session at the HERO Initiative during a con, sometimes he'll do sketch cards for a donation.