• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

house of m,secret invasion or civil war?

34 posts in this topic

Annhialation.

Seriously, read this or you suck..

The best Marvel mini-series books of this current period

Annihilation & Planet Hulk.

If the options are only the 3 you asked about...WWH has the most action and fisticuffs. Not as well written as Planet Hulk. Not close. Civil War was the best of the 3 you mentioned overall, I guess. It ran concurrent with Annihliation and the Marvel Hype Machine was on the wrong setting that summer.

Thanks everybody for the info but I decided to past on all three after going to Amazon and seeing that there our over 40 trade paperbacks devoted to these series and 20 tradepaperbacks devoted to just Civil War alone! too much money and way too much time I could devote to these series. Wow, Marvel should be ashamed at making its readers go thru that kind of commitment money and timewise.

Annhialation.

If the options are only the 3 you asked about...WWH has the most action and fisticuffs. Not as well written as Planet Hulk. Not close. Civil War was the best of the 3 you mentioned overall, I guess. It ran concurrent with Annihliation and the Marvel Hype Machine was on the wrong setting that summer.

those are two I will try,I heard good things plus I don`t have to read a hundred issues. (thumbs u

House of M had a brilliant premise, and a phenomenal buildup in "The Last Avengers Story"....

Those 5 issues (Avengers #500-503, Avengers Finale) are, bar none, my favorite Avengers stories. I'm not an Avengers fan, but if they were all written like this, I would be.

But, the mini itself failed to deliver. Everything that happened over 8 issues, and a mind sucking $31.60 cover price, could have easily been condesnsed to TWO issues, and the story thickened.

Scarlet Witch goes nuts...brilliantly done, and utterly believable in the context of superheroes.

Thanks everybody for the info but I decided to past on all three after going to Amazon and seeing that there our over 40 trade paperbacks devoted to these series and 20 tradepaperbacks devoted to just Civil War alone! too much money and way too much time I could devote to these series. Wow, Marvel should be ashamed at making its readers go thru that kind of commitment money and timewise.

You meant the whole Civil War and WWH storylines?!?!? I thought you meant just the core issues...

The million tie-in issues are worthless. Both series. I actually bought the entire WWH run (over 100 issues I believe). Waste of time and money. The core series was the best (and maybe the WWH X-Men and Astonishing Ant-Man.)

Civil War took tie-ins to an all new level.

If you can find a TPB with just the core issues (Civil War 1-7 and WWH 1-6), I would recommend that.

Annhialation.

those are two I will try,I heard good things plus I don`t have to read a hundred issues. (thumbs u

Annihilation was quite good, surprisingly. The ongoing Nova series that picked up off of it is a fun read too.

Recent Marvel evemts in order of how good.....

Annihilation (excellent)

Planet Hulk

Messiah Complex

Civil War

World War Hulk

Secret Invasion

House Of M (krrap)