• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you could buy any 5 books, and sell in exactly 10 years. Which 5 and why?

110 posts in this topic

Interesting someone mentioned a movie star buying up all the top census books (anyone know who it is?)

the kid from growing pains last couple of seasons. :gossip:

di caprio, really?

cool

the kid from growing pains last couple of seasons. :gossip:

I presume you mean Leonardo DiCaprio. That's been my wild guess as well since I've heard for a while he collects comics. I haven't heard that he collects high grade Silver Marvel though...you got some specific reason to think he now does?

His father was a famous underground comic artist George Paul DiCaprio plus Leo is producing the Adam Strange and Aquaman movies, so comics are in his blood.

His father was a famous underground comic artist George Paul DiCaprio plus Leo is producing the Adam Strange and Aquaman movies, so comics are in his blood.

Is this all rumor though? It sounds like we're all gossiping this. :gossip:

I do not read comic books (gasp!). I do invest in them, and I also buy some just because I like the covers in a slab.

I read them all back in the 60's and early 70's, but since then. Maybe a dozen or two dozen at most.

I do like the cover art but can not tell who did a cover without looking it up.

Does this still allow me to be in the geek group? Or am I in the eek group?

I know that it makes me an outcast on this forum, but what am I supposed to do? Force myself to read them just to fit in? Quit coming on here? Hide in the shadows like a good little eek boy should?

I love to read everything I can ABOUT comic books, but I just can't read the books themselves. They bore me and they do not have any consistency. I require that. If Batman dies, I want him to stay dead. If Flash can run a zillion miles an hour, then I want him to always be able to do that. If the Hulk is not bad and not good. Just wants to be left alone. Then that is how I want him to stay. I do not want him to suddenly become extremly intelligent, gather an army and attempt to conquer the world. Zombies, Freddy and Jason disgust me. Bone seems a little cute judging from the covers, but nothing to write home about. Chew.....yuck. Walking Dead...dead. Invincible, I don't know because I just don't know. G.I. Joe. Well, not nearly as good as an old Sgt Fury book.

If I was going to read anything, it would be Batman. He is the man, above Supes, Spidey, Thor, Hulk (please don't beat me up Green), and any of the others. They just need to get him away from any sidekick children. Teaming up with a bonafide hero from some other book is cool. But having him run around with a little boy or a little girl, is....well, silly. He's freakin Batman. Not Kindergarden Cop.

Okay. I'm done.