• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Transplant's LOOOOOONNNNNGGGG WW Chicago 2009 trip report

57 posts in this topic

So I don't know if I mentioned it but George had announce earlier in the night that he and I were going to get drunk. Never one to let down my newly solidified friendship, I willingly set about obliging. I am torn as to whether, if I had known that Steve Borock would be outbidding me to win back his own items, I would have doing pops of vodka at the bar with him. I like to think I would, but I can never trust myself. The auction was a lot of fun and very moving at the same time. People should not question the giving nature of the boards.

After the auction, George and I decided to help Steve carry his voluminous winnings over to the Hyatt where he said he was headed shortly. I grabbed a stack of slabs including the one I won and left. We found a large contingency of boardies already working on shutting the place down. I plopped down on a seat next to Jim/Cgcworld. When I did so, I caught a hand reaching out of the corner of my eye for the stack of slabs. With my catlike reflexes, I swiveled around to protect the books from a .... twenty-something year old cutie in a wheelchair. She just wanted to check out my . . . . books. She snored through the GA stuff but was impressed with the SS and sketch books. This just goes to show that young girls are . . . stupid. Okay not stupid, but not GA fans. Turns out she was was still rehabbing from a couple of months in a coma after a horse fell on her. Weird story overall but nice girl. I saw her at the show on Sunday but decided not to be creepy (-er?) by going over to say hello.

When I turned back around, the florida/hillbilly contingency was gone back to the Marriott. MCMiles and Cgcworld and MrsCgcworld/Barb were up to the challenge of outlasting the staff. Some random thoughts from the rest of the evening:

• Lou had tattoos applied by another girl's mouth and I missed it.
  • No need to steal beer from the rolling cart this year Roy, I've got more in the room and I'll bring it down.
  • I remember Haspel being there but I'm not sure if we talked, but I've seen a picture.
  • I got to talk more with Brad/Klozd24seven and Mrs Klozd24seven. I believe it was Mrs.K's suggestion that we find more exciting entertainment at another venue. Brad is a lucky guy.
  • SOT likes big tall wrestlers. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
  • George and I know exactly what is wrong with WW Chicago. We decided to explain, well under the influence, to an unfortunate WW executive until about 4 in the morning.

Sunday was a later arrival for me. Not terribly hung over but extremely tired. Said goodbye to a number of folks. Picked up a couple of very nice Four Color file copies from Al Stoltz. I apologize for not remembering if it was Sunday or Saturday that I met Scrooge, but it was a real treat. Met DRX at Richard's booth. Bought some supplies from Hotflips. Though I wanted to stay until the lights went out, I needed to get back and left just in time to hit the rain. Not a bad drive home. Had a great time and it will be a real shame if this show doesn't make some changes to survive for another year.

Here are some books I picked up:

image-13.jpg

image-15.jpg

image-17.jpg

George and I know exactly what is wrong with WW Chicago. We decided to explain, well under the influence, to an unfortunate WW executive until about 4 in the morning.

:roflmao:

Hey, you bought that Atomic Comics last year, din'tcha?
I did. I bought it in Chicago. Had Matt take a look at to remove a stacking wrinkle. He found a little CT and removed it before pressing. The dealer I bought it from was nice enough to pay for the CT removal. I showed it to Verzyl who thought it was an easy 8.5.

I almost forgot that Richard was eternally grateful for the hard work I did at the booth. His way of showing it was to give me a high grade copy of this gem:

image-19.jpg

George and I know exactly what is wrong with WW Chicago. We decided to explain, well under the influence, to an unfortunate WW executive until about 4 in the morning.

poor guy was lambasted to the early hours.

poor guy was lambasted to the early hours.

I felt so bad for him. You guys were tag teaming him and his head was flipping back and forth like a tennis match.

I learned a lot of interesting stuff though.

Florida fans know sports, even less on the poker skills

How come this two pair Js/3s doesn't tie with this two pair Qs/2s, I mean, they add up to the same amount?

and I had a king to his 10 :sumo: