• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Holy Grail of OA?

70 posts in this topic

The B&B #34 cover exists as well. It wouldn't be the most valuable cover in existence though.

There were rumors that the Captain America #1 cover existed along with the complete X-Men #1 book. The X-Men #1 book surfaced, but I've never seen the Cap #1 cover come to market. If it does exist, then I'd make the case that it would be the most significant single piece.

The Cap #1 cover does not exist. KK claimed to own it about 10 years ago. I rest my case.

Stephen

anything you do know about that you can fill us in on ? besides flash 123 ;)

I hear that the Flash 123, clearly THE most valuable SA DC cover, may exist.

I've long heard that the CA#1 cover might exist as well from the same source as the xmen1 book... but I also recall hearing that the one person who had seen it was convinced it was a recreation. Still, a recreation by Kirby or Simon would be a cool thing.

Oh, and I once had a dream that I found the Action 1 cover in an old ladie's attic in Las Vegas, NM.... does that count?? Sad, that I actually dream about this stuff... zzz:P

The B&B #34 cover exists as well. It wouldn't be the most valuable cover in existence though.

There were rumors that the Captain America #1 cover existed along with the complete X-Men #1 book. The X-Men #1 book surfaced, but I've never seen the Cap #1 cover come to market. If it does exist, then I'd make the case that it would be the most significant single piece.

any idea which of the early ditko spidey and kirby ff covers are known to be around Dan? I think its been posted here in the past but I can't really recall - most all of the ones I recall or that are on CAF are above #50.

The Cap #1 cover does not exist. KK claimed to own it about 10 years ago. I rest my case.

Stephen

anything you do know about that you can fill us in on ? besides flash 123 ;)

I hear that the Flash 123, clearly THE most valuable SA DC cover, may exist.

That wasn't my question lol:) Congrats again on that purchase

there are lots of great bronze pieces (bronze 1st app covers etc) out there... but I dunno, I just can't see a bronze piece taking the championship belt

A little known fact. On the cover to Flash #123 is a young man that both Flashes are running to save. The name of that young man....Peter Parker.

between that and aunt may and uncle ben appearing in that strange tales issue, I guess the sun is setting on AF15 :o:insane:

what about that alternate ditko cover to AF15? There a pic of it out there, so perhaps it exists and didn't get mangled on ditko's cutting board or anything? I wonder what that would be worth. Difficult piece to value IMO

there are lots of great bronze pieces (bronze 1st app covers etc) out there... but I dunno, I just can't see a bronze piece taking the championship belt

I don't think a BA book would take the belt - I was just throwing those two out there for SA/BA DC contention. It would be interesting to see what would happen if you had GL 76 and HOS 92 come up for sale in the same auction.

I don't think a BA book would take the belt - I was just throwing those two out there for SA/BA DC contention. It would be interesting to see what would happen if you had GL 76 and HOS 92 come up for sale in the same auction.

In my opinion, I think the House of Secrets cover would sell for between $400,000-$500,000. As for the GL #76 original cover, I do not feel that it would have any sort of monetary value. If it were in a frame, then it would only be worth what the frame was worth.

Stephen

In my opinion, I think the House of Secrets cover would sell for between $400,000-$500,000. As for the GL #76 original cover, I do not feel that it would have any sort of monetary value. If it were in a frame, then it would only be worth what the frame was worth.

Stephen

Ok,

I'll bite. As to the GL #76 cover, any particular reason behind that opinion?

Stephen

Ok,

Because I do not own it.

Stephen

Ok,

Because I do not own it.

:roflmao: Proper negotiating stance. Point taken.

I'd be stunned if GL 76 hadn't survived. I'll bet some of you with extensive OA knowledge must have noticed some point in time where OA stops being hot-or-miss as far as survival, where it was finally recognized that comic art was worth keeping and a much greater percentage of it wasn't discarded. My guess is sometime in the mid to late 60's, but that's simply an uneducated guess.

According to a fellow board member, the cover to GL #76 is supposed to reside in a private collection in California. Was this one of the "stolen" pieces of Adams artwork? I wonder where some of the others reside now?

My guess is that this would fetch more than the HOS #92, but it would be interesting to see them both up together to put it to a test. :applause:

In my opinion, I think the House of Secrets cover would sell for between $400,000-$500,000.

Stephen

More than a FN/VF Action #1, or the highest graded FF #1, AF #15, etc. :applause: