• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #129 cgc 9.8!!!!

105 posts in this topic

Captain Tripps is in that BSD league, and he comes off as a very nice guy on these forums.

Yep...very humble and willing to answer questions asked about his collection. Plus, he's willing to list his books on the registry for all to see. He's not concerned about others learning about what books he needs! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I second that! Doug is a cool guy. cool.gif

Have you seen his X-men 94 CGC 9.8? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nope, but I did inquire about it's origin. grin.gif

gossip.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

wow $5K and still going!!! 893whatthe.gif

How much did it sell for originally? I thought I heard rumors of something in the $6K-$6.5K range. And has anyone confirmed that this is the same book (spider9698's) or whether this is a second 9.8 copy?

Gene

wow $5K and still going!!! 893whatthe.gif

How much did it sell for originally? I thought I heard rumors of something in the $6K-$6.5K range. And has anyone confirmed that this is the same book (spider9698's) or whether this is a second 9.8 copy?

Gene

IMO it is the same copy. And I heard $5k-6K originally. But that is unconfirmed.

I don't know for sure, but I'm starting to think Doug is the "High Priest" of S.A Marvels.

I expected to see a killer FF set from him, but this is just incredible:

http://www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/set_detail.asp?PeopleSetID=532

insane.gif4_6_213.gif

Now Im not the biggest FF fan but haha - er well ya that run blows ur mind - 48 in 9.8, #1 in 9.6 er, I need to sit down now. 10_1_131.gif

You sure will Georgy!!! No Shilling here...I just wish I was as popular here on the forum as my pal Capt. Doug ...When I have something to say, it is usually for a good reason...GMAN has proved my point many times over and over again since then....you have alot of fans here and elsewhere George. Time to take a break..Sorry to any of those other forum members who were offended....The word I used was MOST...not ALL... It had nothing to do with RickDoggs comments on shilling...SINCE I DONT!! ..Many of my good customers here know how serious I take my business....have a good night Gentleman.....Keep your eyes on the CGC Newsletter for their announcement about the Great FLASH COMICS Collection I just purchased.... Plus the ***MORE FUN 52 Mile High Copy****...and a few others cool.gif

Your not allowed to have an opinion unless your collection is valued in the 7 figures. It dosen't matter that you've dropped a couple of grand with them, because that's how much these BSD's spend on the bottle of Wine they'll be using to toast their newest record-breaking sale, while supermodels swoon at their sides everytime the ASM #129 9.8 is mentioned. These BSD's are just drowning in Pu$$y and use thousand $$$ slabs to prop up their girlfriend's makeup tables.

"First you get the money, then when you get the money you buy the comics. Then when you get the comics, you become a BSD. And when you're a BSD, then you get the Women."

"You need people like them. You need people like them so you can point your dirty, worthless, waste of time, F%$King fingers and say--that's the BSD. So get a good look, cause you'll never see a BSD like this again".

So, in the words of The Rock; "Know your role, and SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!!!!"

(J/K Steve grin.gif)

Your not allowed to have an opinion unless your collection is valued in the 7 figures. It dosen't matter that you've dropped a couple of grand with them, because that's how much these BSD's spend on the bottle of Wine they'll be using to toast their newest record-breaking sale, while supermodels swoon at their sides everytime the ASM #129 9.8 is mentioned. These BSD's are just drowning in Pu$$y and use thousand $$$ slabs to prop up their girlfriend's makeup tables.

"First you get the money, then when you get the money you buy the comics. Then when you get the comics, you become a BSD. And when you're a BSD, then you get the Women."

"You need people like them. You need people like them so you can point your dirty, worthless, waste of time, F%$King fingers and say--that's the BSD. So get a good look, cause you'll never see a BSD like this again".

(J/K Steve grin.gif)

shocked.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

(J/K Steve grin.gif)

shocked.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

My collection is valued in 7 figures...

If you count the .00s that is. 27_laughing.gif

Back to the topic!

Winning bid: US $7,099.99 (Reserve met)

Ended: Jan-18-04 16:48:00 PST

History: 43 bids (US $1.00 starting bid)

Winning bidder: ast11@shaw.ca ( 831)

This guy has been busy hasn't he? ooo.gif

27_laughing.gif $7,000 for a common book - that's classic! What a dumbarse. I wonder how stupid he'll feel when he sells the book in 10 years for $3,000??

Geez Bonds.....what if he doesn't sell it.....what if the market doesn't crash....what if he sells and makes a profit. Would he be a dumbarse then???? I know I wouldn't be paying 7K for it but then I might be the dumbarse. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nope, if he flips it he isn't a dumbarse.

But do you really think this book will be worth $7K in the future. It's a common book in high grade, and the census numbers will probably double in the next 3 years. Agree/disagree?

Back to the topic!

Winning bid: US $7,099.99 (Reserve met)

Ended: Jan-18-04 16:48:00 PST

History: 43 bids (US $1.00 starting bid)

Winning bidder: ast11@shaw.ca ( 831)

This guy has been busy hasn't he? ooo.gif

27_laughing.gif $7,000 for a common book - that's classic! What a dumbarse. I wonder how stupid he'll feel when he sells the book in 10 years for $3,000??

I think that was a very fair price,..and I'm not just saying that cause I have 4 copies due back from CGC this week.... smile.gif

I think that was a very fair price,..and I'm not just saying that cause I have 4 copies due back from CGC this week.... smile.gif

It wasn't a fair price - are you crazy?!?! makepoint.gif

That book in NM/MT 9.8 is worth at least $10,000!! tongue.gif