• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #129 cgc 9.8!!!!

105 posts in this topic

You sure will Georgy!!! No Shilling here...I just wish I was as popular here on the forum as my pal Capt. Doug ...When I have something to say, it is usually for a good reason...GMAN has proved my point many times over and over again since then....you have alot of fans here and elsewhere George. Time to take a break..Sorry to any of those other forum members who were offended....The word I used was MOST...not ALL... It had nothing to do with RickDoggs comments on shilling...SINCE I DONT!! ..Many of my good customers here know how serious I take my business....have a good night Gentleman.....Keep your eyes on the CGC Newsletter for their announcement about the Great FLASH COMICS Collection I just purchased.... Plus the ***MORE FUN 52 Mile High Copy****...and a few others cool.gif

glad to know i am well liked with the high rollers.....and please point out what i did to cause you to take a hissy fit.

Nope, if he flips it he isn't a dumbarse.

But do you really think this book will be worth $7K in the future. It's a common book in high grade, and the census numbers will probably double in the next 3 years. Agree/disagree?

So is Hulk #181.

I am not saying that Punisher stacks up against Wolvie but both seem to have an endless supply of people wanting to buy.

Is it a 7k book? as I said....I wouldn't be paying it but I am not the yardstick for this particular book.

I have little experience with Hulk 181, and probably always will since I avoid that book like a plague. But ASM #129 was one of those books I really wanted, looking at it in the overstreet as a kid. I own/have owned several copies. I love the book, but it is ridiculously easy to find in nice shape. I'm not going to comment on this specific auction, but I'm willing to bet money that this is not going to be the sole existing 9.8, and that we'll see another one on the census before the end of this year. And the first "best existing" copies are always going to be had at a premium at this stage of the market.

However, I've decided not to comment on specific sales like this anymore because it really is unfair when you don't know the buyer's exact motive.

I'd hate to be the person to buy a first 9.8. I only did that once, and that was with ASM 126. And I only bought it b/c the guy sold it to me for 175 dollars. I kept it for a while, but I traded it about 4 months ago. Got a really good deal out of too. Almost 1,200 dollars worth of material for the "only" 9.8. Finally in the 11/11 update another one showed up. I'm starting to feel bad for that guy wink.gif

Long story short, if there aren't at least 5-10 9.8s on the census for an issue. I'm not looking for it, cause the price will be way too high.

Brian

Geez Steve, quit taking all of this so personal. Many of us find these huge sales to be amusing because these books aren't all that rare and it's more people buying the slab. I've bought from you many, many times and you're a great seller, but there's no need to get angry at us.

Now your talking.....If you dont have anything nice to say....Dont say anything at all....Thanks Capt.....Try teaching the [!@#%^&^]-wipe Joe Collector the same

Sorry geek, but talking about insufficiently_thoughtful_person speculators is my part-time hobby. And we all respect each other's hobbies, right? angel.gif

i'm still waiting on an explanation of his email to me. why did he get all person_without_enough_empathyy because i pointed out his 9.8 to board members. Notice not a word was said by me on how the book appeared, etc. And if he doesn't care what forum members think or say, why does he post here or send whiny emails? makepoint.gif

Wow I was thinking the book would go for a lot more I was thinking somewhere in the 10,000 range.Sounds crazy but then prices on CGC stuff look to have taken a spike upwards as of late.I feel if he is going to flip it I would'nt be surprised.I realize its the only 9.8 as of now but think of the value of it if a year goes by and no 9.8's show up.It really does take a 9.8 according to cgc to be a 9.8 as there decision is impartial and that is the strength to CGC's credibility as to why people pay big dollars for books with that grade! Congrats to Comgeek as he is a good seller here and totally trustworthy! Understand I wouldnt put that kind of money into that book as I beleive in diversification of my money!

thumbsup2.gif

Davidking623

There will be more 9.8s! foreheadslap.gif

But there arent now and CGC has been around a while!!!Point well taken!

Davidking623

In the last 6-8 months the census count for 9.6 copies of X-Men #94 more than doubled, AND a 9.8 appeared. ASM #129 is a much easier find than X-Men #94.

They're out there and they're coming.......

You tell him Dave...Why all the negativity confused.gif? What are these memebers trying to gain confused-smiley-013.gif? See you guys in NY...Please say hello

Steve - that was a great sale. Nice $$$ for big item books show strength in the market, IMO. This just reiterates that the best is extremely liquid and can and will realize healthy prices (oh my God - do I sound like Mark Wilson now! 893whatthe.gif).

I'll see you on Sat,

DAM

You tell him Dave...Why all the negativity confused.gif?

"Your so predictable...I just sit back and watch the verbal diahrrea out of most of you ladies on the forum...Your a big waste of time and have no clue what goes on in this market...Nor are you part of it.!!....Now go to sleep and dont waste my time .Cant wait to see you again Philly...."

confused-smiley-013.gif