• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM IH 181

14 posts in this topic

Hi graders,

Here's another one I could really use your help with. I'm thinking of sending it to get professionally pressed before it goes to CGC. I hope these scans capture the impressions on it just inside of and along the spine on the front cover.

Thank you in advance.

IH181fc-1.jpg

bc-2-1.jpg

Here are some photos of the impressions:

181middlecovernearspineimpressions2.jpg

topfrontnearspinegreatuse.jpg

181bottomleftcovernearspineimpre-2.jpg

Pressing this book will help it's grade. But I don't think it is really worth it for this particular copy. It is a lower mid-grade book IMHO. As is, I will call this book a 5.5. If you get he book pressed and it works out well. I would say a solid 6.0, Soft 6.5. Cost of pressing vs. the value added to the book would make me leave it be. It's still a cool book to have in your collection. (thumbs u

Hmmm, I would say its a 7.0 and would probably not go higher than a 7.5 with pressing because you will still have the URC creasing and that is what is bringing the grade down on this book. As far as whether it is worth it, that would be up to you. I would say it would probably not be.

I may have missed something because it looks a lot better than a 5.5

Those close up scans really helped to point out some serious flaws not evident in the full scans. I'd call it a 6.0/6.5. I agree with Silver-Age - too many color breaking spine ticks and the URC cannot be fixed. Don't waste the press money as you might not even raise this by a 0.5.