• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If the mods aren't going to ban ComicSupply...

207 posts in this topic

...can they, at the very least, delete his signature line?

Every time he posts, he has a walking billboard attached at the bottom of every one of them advertising his website.

He has oviously cheated dozens of CGC board members (which is why he's now on the CGC Probation List Hall of Fame), not to mention the numerous collectors scattered across various other comic boards.

Many of us in here are already aware of his reputation. But what about the new members who come in here, see his website attached at the bottom of his posts, and decide to "purchase" from him because he's a CGC board member with a high post count?

They don't deserve to lose their hard earned money when they're just in here to enjoy the hobby they love. They also don't deserve the added aggrevation of not getting a response to voice mail and email concerns that so many in here have experienced.

If CGC truly cares about the hobby like they say they do, they'll stop allowing their forum to be a springboard for this kind of shady activity.

Ok whats you beef with him?

Have you been ripped off or had a deal go bad?

I may have missed it and if I did I truly apologize but your starting to sound like a shill for comicfanatic.

I apologize if I missed a post that listed how you got ripped off.

I may have missed it and if I did I truly apologize but your starting to sound like a shill for comicfanatic.

He's not a shill for Comicfanatic. Comicfanatic is a racist and Domo Arigato is a Japanese phrase so Andrew would not use that...well not until now that I spelled it out for him.

He has a point. I can understand Russ' need to raise money to pay people back but his record on this forum has not been great so DA is trying to prevent people from being scammed on here again.

IMO he has a legit concern.

I ordered from him once several years ago. I did eventually get my product, but decided then that I would not be placing another order. After joining this forum, I saw that I was far from alone in my experience.

What has really set me off is that Russ mentioned he's been hitting the notify moderator button on posts that criticize him in the forum. If he's going to do that, then there is no way to warn new members about him unless they happen to stumble across the probation list. Meanwhile, the link in his signature line is going to be driving new business from unsuspecting members to his website as he continues to post in here.

I simply don't think it's appropriate. Do you?

I thought there was a rule that you weren't allowed to advertise your business in your signature line.

Otherwise there would be no reason advertisers to pay CGC for posting their banners on each page of a thread.

He's not a shill for Comicfanatic. Comicfanatic is a racist and Domo Arigato is a Japanese phrase so Andrew would not use that...well not until now that I spelled it out for him.

He has a point. I can understand Russ' need to raise money to pay people back but his record on this forum has not been great so DA is trying to prevent people from being scammed on here again.

IMO he has a legit concern.

Thanks, Roy. :)

I just feel we need to look out for each other. And that includes all the new members who sign up every day that haven't had the benefit of all the past knowledge that's been shared in here.

And "Domo Arigato" is a Japanese phrase??? Dammit! :pullhair:

I thought there was a rule that you weren't allowed to advertise your business in your signature line.

Otherwise there would be no reason advertisers to pay CGC for posting their banners on each page of a thread.

HO-LY :censored: The smartest post anyone has yet to make this week.

Kudos to you sir! (worship)

Now someone can alert the mods..

I didn't know that George, but it makes sense. The signature enticing new people has been my concern as well, whiich is why I spoke up in several threads.

I didn't know that George, but it makes sense. The signature enticing new people has been my concern as well, whiich is why I spoke up in several threads.

I am pretty sure Mr. Evans had his removed..

I am pretty sure Mr. Evans had his removed..

The rule is that you can't have banners linking to a business in your signature - URL's themselves are fine, though (look at how many board members link to their ebay store in the signature, for example).

I discuss this with Dena a few months ago. This is the official stance unless it has changed since the NOE fiasco when Dena went "underground:"

A text only link is fine. It is just the graphics in sig lines that are problematic because they compete with the banner ads.