• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage

51 posts in this topic

Hi Scott,

I too thought the ST page was high, I was very surprised, though as Hari pointed out it truly is beautiful and 'worth' the price given the price of covers and splashes these days.

I also thought that 31K was strong for the Wrightson color cover given the text was distracting, to me at least.

The early Flash was fairly priced at 50K and several interested buyers were outbid on the later one that closed strong for around 21K...

I only went after one piece which I happily got...The Jeffrey Jones Idyl page...I think it is stupendous, and reminds me so much of George Herriman's Krazy Kat.

If I knew how to post an image here, I would have!

Ask and you shall receive..... :hi:

jeff.jpg

Ooh that is lovely...congrats artcollector9!!!

Congrats Bill!! That was the best piece by a mile in that auction in my opinion. Dan F.

I really love the Jack Davis Tales from the Crypt cover, and I'm ecstatic that I was the winning bidder.

Bill

edited: 'cause Schultz is a character in a sitcom, not an artist.

Funny, that was part of the appeal for me as well. I'm not much of a over the top horror guy either, but just loved the cool underwater, ghoul out of the sea shell, incredibly inked Davis artistry part of it... Glad it found a good home; I will admire it from afar!

Funny, that was part of the appeal for me as well. I'm not much of a over the top horror guy either, but just loved the cool underwater, ghoul out of the sea shell, incredibly inked Davis artistry part of it... Glad it found a good home; I will admire it from afar!

In fact, the more we talk about it, the more I wish I had made a run at it! Oh well, I think it went to the right guy.

Scott Williams

Thanks Dan!

I'm still kind of in shock that I won it.

When I showed it to my wife, she said - "Well, at least no one's getting their head chopped off." :)

Bill

lol

The irony being she is probably more correct than she even realizes, because a decapitation cover would have probably cost a lot more. :grin:

As for my impressions of the one step below ;) stuff I follow:

Thought the Warlord Grell cover went for more than I would have anticipated. On the flip side was surprised at the Kaluta HOM cover, it was probably hindered by there being two superior pieces in the auction but still though it would crack 2K easy. The Leonardi X-Men cover at 4K plus was a bit of a shock though I am not a fan and haven't seen much of his good stuff come up recently so maybe that was an influence on the outcome.