• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody read Hulk?

15 posts in this topic

I am really confused and disappointed.

I had heard in passing that something happened to make it so Bruce Banner could not turn into the Hulk anymore. Well, I have a subscription to the Hulk book and something happened from the time issue #12 ended and issue #13 began so that now, whoosh, no more green Hulk...no explanation, no recap, just Banner whining like Peter Parker and the Red Hulk standing over an unconsious Banner saying, "Bruce Banner can never turn into the Hulk again." Uhm, why not? What happened? Where was I supposed to read this?

Was I supposed to buy another book to get the story? WTH?

There was no promo or lead in at the end of issue #12 to prompt a search for another GD book to follow the flipping story...

A little help?

Well, I have a subscription to the Hulk book and something happened from the time issue #12 ended and issue #13 began so that now, whoosh, no more green Hulk...no explanation, no recap, just Banner whining like Peter Parker and the Red Hulk standing over an unconsious Banner saying, "Bruce Banner can never turn into the Hulk again." Uhm, why not? What happened? Where was I supposed to read this?

There was no promo or lead in at the end of issue #12 to prompt a search for another GD book to follow the flipping story...

You just got MARVEL'D!!!

Marvel shipped Incredible HULK #600 in between those issues. Not sure if there's gonna be a #601, but i guess they are keeping that HULK series going.....Also, they did a cover gallery and apparently they consider issues of Tales to Astonish that the Hulk never appeared in as issues of Hulk. (just had to get the count to 600 i guess. Whatever.)

This arc has been a steaming pile of red turd. They have tried every frickin angle to make a potentially interesting story into a head scratcher. How many key characters will they flog on the cover of these issues/multiple variants (can't even keep track there are so many) only to follow them up with lame battle scenes. A dozen issues later and does any one even care anymore who the Red Hulk is. :makepoint:

I'm not a hulk fan, but if the guy wants to read hulk no matter how crappy you all think it is, let him read it without you guys telling him what a waste of money it is....jeesh, not everyone reads a book because it is the most hip thing, or most critically acclaimed.

All of us have collected titles that have had rough patches creatively. If you love the character you wade through those patches in hopes of something better and eventually, at some point an artist or writer comes along that puts together a fantastic run. Green Lantern is fantastic now, but what is going to happen when Geoff Johns moves on to something else...

Yes.

He spoke in detail about #600 at the Denver Con. I really thought it was going to move in the right direction. Frankly, it's gone nowhere. I hope it picks up. If not soon, I may drop this book.

Pat

I am really confused and disappointed.

I had heard in passing that something happened to make it so Bruce Banner could not turn into the Hulk anymore. Well, I have a subscription to the Hulk book and something happened from the time issue #12 ended and issue #13 began so that now, whoosh, no more green Hulk...no explanation, no recap, just Banner whining like Peter Parker and the Red Hulk standing over an unconsious Banner saying, "Bruce Banner can never turn into the Hulk again." Uhm, why not? What happened? Where was I supposed to read this?

A little help?

Ah... I was wondering why Banner was on the preview cover for Incredible Hulk 603 and not green Hulk. I have no idea what is going on either, I dropped Hulk and started picking up Incredible Hulk. I was hoping Incredible would be better and go in a new direction, I'll be sad if I need to read Hulk to make sense of what is going on in Incredible.