• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Life-Size Spiderman for sale on Craigslist

38 posts in this topic

I would. I think it's beautiful.

:grin:

But it's not even the COMIC spidey! it's of Spidey-Tobey! :roflmao:

It looks very Ditkoesque. I really like it. Tried buying one from a board member but shipping was a killer. It's been on my mind ever since.

If I may ask why would you want one? what is it about it that makes you go GOTTA HAVE IT? (shrug)

Same reason people collect comics...just something about it that is appealing...maybe because I'm a Marvel Zombie, maybe because not everyone has one, maybe because I have a thing for men in costume....who knows? Why does anyone collect comics? There's nothing really logical about it because we spend tons of hard earned money on paper with ink on it.

:insane:

It's not a logical thing. It's an emotional one.

(shrug)

I would. I think it's beautiful.

:grin:

But it's not even the COMIC spidey! it's of Spidey-Tobey! :roflmao:

It looks very Ditkoesque. I really like it. Tried buying one from a board member but shipping was a killer. It's been on my mind ever since.

If I may ask why would you want one? what is it about it that makes you go GOTTA HAVE IT? (shrug)

Same reason people collect comics...just something about it that is appealing...maybe because I'm a Marvel Zombie, maybe because not everyone has one, maybe because I have a thing for men in costume....who knows? Why does anyone collect comics? There's nothing really logical about it because we spend tons of hard earned money on paper with ink on it.

:insane:

It's not a logical thing. It's an emotional one.

(shrug)

Make's sense I guess it's odd to me because haveing a life-sive statue of even you favorite hero in the same house as your's is a bit creepy! unless you had a DISPLAY room or something.

I have been a big fan of Tom Hanks' movie "Big" ever since I saw it as a kid. I've always wanted a loft apartment with a high ceiling filled with random toys and signs.

I'd have an entire home filled with stuff like this if I could.

:luhv:

I have been a big fan of Tom Hanks' movie "Big" ever since I saw it as a kid. I've always wanted a loft apartment with a high ceiling filled with random toys and signs.

Now it start's to make sense.

Just like adults collecting comics makes sense....or adults arguing over whether Miracle Man is better than Thor.

lol

Here's something you don't see every day:

3m53o73l45Q15P25Sd98g282dcc6fd9ec1cb0.jpg3n63p83l15O95Q35P398g219c8a41ca4f12d9.jpg3k03of3p85P45Ra5Sd98gc460f53973d210de.jpg

Link to the posting: http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/clt/1325828510.html

And no it's not mine, just thought you guys would like to see it.

I HAVE to ask who in there right mind would even buy this? It's ugly as HE*L! His money would have been better spent elsewhere.

I am not a spidy fan but I thought it was pretty sweet looking (shrug)

Just like adults collecting comics makes sense....or adults arguing over whether Miracle Man is better than Thor.

lol

Well...they are both GODS in there own right.. lol

I just sold mine last month. Roy and Transplant have seen pics of it. Looks just like one pictured.
Think it Might be the same one?

Not likely..Theres thousands of Blockbusters and each store gave away one per so odds are its not the same one..they actually had a statue for 2 of the Spidey movies where they gave em away..2 different poses.

The earlier poster has one from 2002 and is limited to 4600 ..Not sure where the OPs came from but the one with the cloth suit is 2002 for sure..

Here's something you don't see every day:

3m53o73l45Q15P25Sd98g282dcc6fd9ec1cb0.jpg3n63p83l15O95Q35P398g219c8a41ca4f12d9.jpg3k03of3p85P45Ra5Sd98gc460f53973d210de.jpg

Link to the posting: http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/clt/1325828510.html

And no it's not mine, just thought you guys would like to see it.

You just don't see that evryday...Oh my gosh!, that is sooo cool, just amazing. I don't think I have ever seen anything like that! ... I mean...It's Birch - Madagascar Magnolia wood flooring but, it's lackered as if it was Ash Nile-Zanzibar Shade Tree wood..crazy..crazy I tell you!

lol

That statue rocks!

I wish I had the room or I would buy it!

:cloud9: