• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard Big Apple Show in NY October 2009

202 posts in this topic

Anyone plan on exhibiting or attending this show in October?

It's sandwiched between the Baltimore show and the Boston show. I guess when it comes to shows on the East Coast, when it rains, it pours. While, the Wizard show is on my turf, Baltimore looks like the better show.

Right now the guest list seems sparse although it is anchored by Jim Lee and Joe Quesada. However, those that attended the competing NY Comic Con show this past February 2009 already had an opportunity to meet them.

Cheers!

N

they'll always be able to fill out a decent guest list with a NY show

criminey, even the shows in the unairconditioned church basement 10 years ago had decent guests

so what is this going to be, like $25 to walk in the door and tables costing $1000 so everyone has to charge a ton for their books?

If i remember tables at the church were 100.00 and admission was 10.00

they'll always be able to fill out a decent guest list with a NY show

criminey, even the shows in the unairconditioned church basement 10 years ago had decent guests

so what is this going to be, like $25 to walk in the door and tables costing $1000 so everyone has to charge a ton for their books?

I'm not even sure the church shows were $10, some of them might have been $5. And yeah, $100 a table sounds about right, though it might have been $200. i know i split gary dolgoff's 2 tables up front last minute with a friend when he couldn't use it and I can't remember if we paid $200 a table or for both tables.

i'm figuring Wizard is going to be in a fancier venue and be more expensive in general. with all of that said, given the number of vacant large storefronts and other space available in NYC nowadays, one would think it shouldn't be hard to put together small shows pretty cheaply if anyone had any interest in doing so. whether buyers would show up is another story, but the free show in June was so packed in the sales area it was hard to breath, so I think the people are out there. i mean, there are like 40 million people within a 2 hour drive/train/bus ride to draw from.

I've been obsessed with him for pretty much my whole life. I think he's really hot, and he is a good actor, and he's going to be there.

Now I have to figure out what to wear!

There are anti-stalking laws in NY. :baiting:

William DaFoe was great in Platoon and IMHO was perfectly cast as Norman Osborne / The Green Goblin in the Spidey flicks.

While more guests have been added, it still looks like Wizard is still following the business plan of the "Big Apple shows" by having more wrestlers and actors/actresses than comic industry professionals.

Baltimore looks like a real comic-con while the Big Apple is more like a pop culture show. Let's hope they still have time to sign more guests.

Cheers!

N

I've been obsessed with him for pretty much my whole life. I think he's really hot, and he is a good actor, and he's going to be there.

Now I have to figure out what to wear!

There are anti-stalking laws in NY. :baiting:

William DaFoe was great in Platoon and IMHO was perfectly cast as Norman Osborne / The Green Goblin in the Spidey flicks.

While more guests have been added, it still looks like Wizard is still following the business plan of the "Big Apple shows" by having more wrestlers and actors/actresses than comic industry professionals.

Baltimore looks like a real comic-con while the Big Apple is more like a pop culture show. Let's hope they still have time to sign more guests.

Cheers!

N

Did a great job as Osborne/Green Goblin...........just wish they had changed the Goblin 2099 look for more of the original :baiting: