• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard Big Apple Show in NY October 2009

202 posts in this topic

I'm more excited about this con than Baltimore. Probably because I like eating in NYC more then here.

Looking forward to meeting you, The True Darling of the Boards, at both shows BL!

I'm more excited about this con than Baltimore. Probably because I like eating in NYC more then here.

Looking forward to meeting you, The True Darling of the Boards, at both shows BL!

If you can find me. I blend in to a crowd easily!

If you can find me. I blend in to a crowd easily!

I'll be the guy in the slouch hat with the lowered brim digging nose first through long boxes. Can't miss me.

So to get SS books, you need to have some CGC guy follow you around as you get things signed? is that how it works?

You need to get your books into the hand of a Sig Series CGC representative and they will sign and submit the books for you.

So to get SS books, you need to have some CGC guy follow you around as you get things signed? is that how it works?

You need to get your books into the hand of a Sig Series CGC representative and they will sign and submit the books for you.

Wow CGC will sign the books for me too? Hope they've been practicing their Alan Moore and Ditko sigs :grin:

Really. So I, in the role of owner of the comic, am not even involved? How unexciting. :(

I can't even verify for myself that it was signed by Neal Adams or whoever, I'm just taking CGC's work for it. Not that I doubt them, but it seems like it'd be just as exciting as buying a comic that's already signed. No personal history of actually getting the guy to do the signing, chat with him a bit or whatever.

Really. So I, in the role of owner of the comic, am not even involved? How unexciting. :(

I can't even verify for myself that it was signed by Neal Adams or whoever, I'm just taking CGC's work for it. Not that I doubt them, but it seems like it'd be just as exciting as buying a comic that's already signed. No personal history of actually getting the guy to do the signing, chat with him a bit or whatever.

You can always wait in line with the witness and meet/talk to the artist that way.

Baltimore is just a day or two away now but my mind has already moved on to NYC.

+1. I'm more pre-occupied with NYC plans since the Baltimore con is well, a mere 10 minutes away.

I just reeeeeeeaaaaaally need to get away from work & get to the quiet sanity of funny books & there is no better city in the world for that than NYC, in my opinion.

Baltimore is just a day or two away now but my mind has already moved on to NYC.

+1. I'm more pre-occupied with NYC plans since the Baltimore con is well, a mere 10 minutes away.

I just reeeeeeeaaaaaally need to get away from work & get to the quiet sanity of funny books & there is no better city in the world for that than NYC, in my opinion.

I'm really only going to the con to get Shatners autograph. After that I'll be running around NYC doing stuff. Baltimore will be my comic buying show! Woo!

I'm really only going to the con to get Shatners autograph. After that I'll be running around NYC doing stuff. Baltimore will be my comic buying show! Woo!

I think that Shatner is such a God that my wife thinks I'm gay for him. I like the '60's Star Trek just as much as I like Marvel Comics.