• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard Big Apple Show in NY October 2009

202 posts in this topic

I've been obsessed with him for pretty much my whole life. I think he's really hot, and he is a good actor, and he's going to be there.

Now I have to figure out what to wear!

There are anti-stalking laws in NY. :baiting:

William DaFoe was great in Platoon and IMHO was perfectly cast as Norman Osborne / The Green Goblin in the Spidey flicks.

While more guests have been added, it still looks like Wizard is still following the business plan of the "Big Apple shows" by having more wrestlers and actors/actresses than comic industry professionals.

Baltimore looks like a real comic-con while the Big Apple is more like a pop culture show. Let's hope they still have time to sign more guests.

Cheers!

N

Yea? They have them everywhere donchaknow. :baiting:

Baltimore, for the past 2 shows I've been too..has been nothing but comics and comic related guests. It's refreshing IMO. When I went to NYCC last year, I was a little daunted by how uhh...not very comic-like it was. Maybe I'm just giving Baltimore more credit though since it's my home show.

I've been obsessed with him for pretty much my whole life. I think he's really hot, and he is a good actor, and he's going to be there.

There are anti-stalking laws in NY. :baiting:

William DaFoe was great in Platoon and IMHO was perfectly cast as Norman Osborne / The Green Goblin in the Spidey flicks.

While more guests have been added, it still looks like Wizard is still following the business plan of the "Big Apple shows" by having more wrestlers and actors/actresses than comic industry professionals.

Baltimore looks like a real comic-con while the Big Apple is more like a pop culture show. Let's hope they still have time to sign more guests.

Cheers!

N

Yea? They have them everywhere donchaknow. :baiting:

Baltimore, for the past 2 shows I've been too..has been nothing but comics and comic related guests. It's refreshing IMO. When I went to NYCC last year, I was a little daunted by how uhh...not very comic-like it was. Maybe I'm just giving Baltimore more credit though since it's my home show.

Baltimore is a great show for comics. I think it does not get enough credit for the focus it gives just to comics/artists and creators.

While I am local to NY, I miss the comics only focus and can do without the crowds of NYCC or SDCC. Since this is Wizard's first year and they have a new location, I may give them the benefit of the doubt and attend.

When I go out of town for a show, I like to make a mini-vacation out of it. As such, I may head to Baltimore, (love those crab cakes and Lexington Market), and Heroes next year, (along with a NC BBQ tour).

Cheers!

N

Just saw this over in the Wizard Forums :cry: :

Robert Patrick, Ioan Gruffudd, Lynn Collins, Taylor Kitsch and Scott Speedman have been moved to other conventions. So in the next few weeks look for them to be added to our other shows in Philadelphia, Chicago, Anaheim, or Toronto.

I know, you guys hate me, but it had to be done.

BUT, we've added a lot of new people to the list in the last few weeks, and have a few more to add!

Right now the website it being fixed, so I can't actually update it, so you're getting a little sneak peak exclusive of new guests right now...

Comics -

Mike Choi

David Mack

Jerry Robinson

Media -

Thomas Jane

Carol Cleaveland

I'm sure we'll have more in a bit!

Coming from one of the main coordinators of the show.

Yes, I had a girlfriend who thought WD was really hot too. And Gary Oldman (sp?) as well. But that was 20 years ago.

Most of the guests listed for Wizard will also be at the show in Baltimore the week before so no need to attend both shows.

Although the NY show is local for me, I'll probably end up skipping the show and attend Baltimore instead (although probably just the first day) as the focus is on comics and not pop culture autographs (i.e, former wrestlers and sports stars).

In addition, I always found the practice of neon wrist bracelets being issued in lieu of badges annoying. Who wants to wear an ugly non-removable wrist band for 3 days because the promoters are afraid people will share a badge? From the reports of Wizard's show in Chicago, they are continuing this practice and most of the professionals found it annoying as well.

Cheers!

N