• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard Big Apple Show in NY October 2009

202 posts in this topic

I'm going. Although I just found out that my subway (the stupid F) won't be running to my apartment in Brooklyn all weekend long! They're gonna have a shuttle bus instead, which means I'll have to leave like an extra hour earlier to get to the show when it starts.
What part of Brooklyn do you live in?

From the 1 train / 50th St. and Broadway station, you can probably catch a bus transfer using your metro card on 49th St. to go crosstown to the west side right to 12th ave. Bus M31?

From the N train / 57th St.and 7th avenue (Carnegie Hall), you should be able to catch a crosstown bus on 57th St to 54th St/11th. Make sure you get on the right bus because there is another that takes you uptown. Bus M50?

(shrug)

Bring snacks.

Cheers!

N.

From the 1 train / 50th St. and Broadway station, you can probably catch a bus transfer using your metro card on 49th St. to go crosstown to the west side right to 12th ave. Bus M31?

From the N train / 57th St.and 7th avenue (Carnegie Hall), you should be able to catch a crosstown bus on 57th St to 54th St/11th. Make sure you get on the right bus because there is another that takes you uptown. Bus M50?

(shrug)

Bring snacks.

Cheers!

N.

Buses are for old folk!!!

I've been obsessed with him for pretty much my whole life. I think he's really hot, and he is a good actor, and he's going to be there.

Now I have to figure out what to wear!

There are anti-stalking laws in NY. :baiting:

William DaFoe was great in Platoon and IMHO was perfectly cast as Norman Osborne / The Green Goblin in the Spidey flicks.

While more guests have been added, it still looks like Wizard is still following the business plan of the "Big Apple shows" by having more wrestlers and actors/actresses than comic industry professionals.

Baltimore looks like a real comic-con while the Big Apple is more like a pop culture show. Let's hope they still have time to sign more guests.

Cheers!

N

Yea? They have them everywhere donchaknow. :baiting:

Baltimore, for the past 2 shows I've been too..has been nothing but comics and comic related guests. It's refreshing IMO. When I went to NYCC last year, I was a little daunted by how uhh...not very comic-like it was. Maybe I'm just giving Baltimore more credit though since it's my home show.

Baltimore is a great show for comics. I think it does not get enough credit for the focus it gives just to comics/artists and creators.

baltimore is a true comic show just came back and it was tops by far the best comic show out there blows wizard out of the water.

I've been obsessed with him for pretty much my whole life. I think he's really hot, and he is a good actor, and he's going to be there.

William DaFoe was great in Platoon and IMHO was perfectly cast as Norman Osborne / The Green Goblin in the Spidey flicks.

While more guests have been added, it still looks like Wizard is still following the business plan of the "Big Apple shows" by having more wrestlers and actors/actresses than comic industry professionals.

Baltimore looks like a real comic-con while the Big Apple is more like a pop culture show. Let's hope they still have time to sign more guests.

Cheers!

N

Baltimore, for the past 2 shows I've been too..has been nothing but comics and comic related guests. It's refreshing IMO. When I went to NYCC last year, I was a little daunted by how uhh...not very comic-like it was. Maybe I'm just giving Baltimore more credit though since it's my home show.

Baltimore is a great show for comics. I think it does not get enough credit for the focus it gives just to comics/artists and creators.

baltimore is a true comic show just came back and it was tops by far the best comic show out there blows wizard out of the water.

I'd love to check out to Baltimore show some time. I haven't yet reached the point where I'm willing to travel for a comic show though. Adding hotel expenses to the loot I'd blow at the show is a bit off-putting. What's it cost to stay at a decent hotel in B'more? Over $100/night?

So, what's the word on the quality of this particular show?
this wizard show looks just ok for comic related people not sure if its worth it, to much actors and wrestlers for my taste
I just go to buy comics (shrug). I tend to ignore the other things, and enjoy meeting and hanging out with forum members than I do digging through boxes of junk.

I'm going. Although I just found out that my subway (the stupid F) won't be running to my apartment in Brooklyn all weekend long! They're gonna have a shuttle bus instead, which means I'll have to leave like an extra hour earlier to get to the show when it starts.

I'm in Kensington, a bit southwest of Park Slope and Greenwood Cemetery.

Cheers!

N

I'd love to check out to Baltimore show some time. I haven't yet reached the point where I'm willing to travel for a comic show though. Adding hotel expenses to the loot I'd blow at the show is a bit off-putting. What's it cost to stay at a decent hotel in B'more? Over $100/night?

For the Days Inn Downtown, I think the rooms there start at around $160/night, while the Hilton can be $200-300/night.

Cheers!

N

a nice hotel in the inner harbor is about $185 a night, its worth it if you can split the cost and plus you can walk to the show and everything, the inner harbor is great. and the comic show is just that its all about comics comics and more comics.

Looks like the D**** at Wizard are spamming the boards with multiple posts. They must be getting desperate. Washed up wrestlers are not going to bring in the crowds. I'm sure DaFoe cancelled because advance ticket sales were too low.

Baltimore was a really good show with GREAT guests. Boston next week also looks like a good show.

Cheers!

N.

Looks like the D**** at Wizard are spamming the boards with multiple posts. They must be getting desperate. Washed up wrestlers are not going to bring in the crowds. I'm sure DaFoe cancelled because advance ticket sales were too low.

Baltimore was a really good show with GREAT guests. Boston next week also looks like a good show.

Cheers!

N.

the wizard shows are all hype and no substance at all. i will miss the old nyc big apple cons better admission prices and more comics. lets hope that another small nyc con begins again.

Cheers!

N.

the wizard shows are all hype and no substance at all. i will miss the old nyc big apple cons better admission prices and more comics. lets hope that another small nyc con begins again.

All of the dealers that did the big apple show in the past are going to be there. The same dealers with great books that come in from all over the country will be at Wizard New York. Now there are just more elements to bring more attendees to the show.

I'm in Kensington, a bit southwest of Park Slope and Greenwood Cemetery.

Cool. :cool: We know quite a few friends who live there too.

(If the F line is monkeying around with shuttle buses this weekend, you might be better off just walking to the Q and taking it right to 57th/7th Ave. Just a thought.)

and we got 130 Long boxes of comics to bring!! :banana:

Whoa! :whatthe:

Most will be $1.00 a piece. But there are some nice, clean 10 centers and 12 centers in seperate boxes as well. We are still processing them. Got my parents working at the warehouse today.

Actually tickets are selling quite briskly. They raised the price of Saturday admission because of the high demand for tickets on that day. According to the website right now, there are just over 100 comic book people booked, as compared to about 113 actors, wrestlers, models, sports stars, MMA fighters, and miscelaneous celebrities combined.