• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New AF15 2.0 Ebay Fraud Alert

10 posts in this topic

So what are the laws about this sort of thing, if someone were to win the bid at 2K and pay through paypal and never receive the book and they do the whole reporting process; if the seller removes the funds and closes the account what happens then?

So what are the laws about this sort of thing, if someone were to win the bid at 2K and pay through paypal and never receive the book and they do the whole reporting process; if the seller removes the funds and closes the account what happens then?

Paypal will reimburse them fully - even if the seller doesn't have any money in their account.

If an eBay listing has the "Pay with Paypal and your full purchase price is covered"-banner, you're always going to get your money back if the item isn't delivered.

Paypal will reimburse them fully - even if the seller doesn't have any money in their account.

If an eBay listing has the "Pay with Paypal and your full purchase price is covered"-banner, you're always going to get your money back if the item isn't delivered.

I didn't know that, so does Paypal foot the cost of the refund?

What do you mean? He swiped your photo, CGC # and is trying to pass it off as if he has it in hand?

Q: Hello, I am very sorry but I cannot arrange any meetings because I am in a trip with the company I work for , to finish some business agreements , the item is already dropped to an escrow company and they are waiting for my address and name for delivery. My wife will arrange the shipping, and you will be able to inspect the item for 15 days and if is not what you're inspect, you can send it back to the company, the shipping agent will give you more info when he arrive to your domicile. So I need the full name and address where the item need to be delivered. Thank you !

This is the sellers response after I had asked to pick up the item if i were to win it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150362617732&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT

Thats the link to my original listing