• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMIC ZONE ON NOW- WITH NEAL ADAMS

474 posts in this topic

Here's what you stated

I concluded it was uncertain because the value of omega is either above 1 or below 1; though if you say the latest measurements point to eternal expansion, okay

You may not be able to create energy; but why couldn't energy, perhaps the dark energy we can't see, convert into matter? That shouldn't violate PoCoE, although it may not have been observed. You'd still have the same amount of total energy & matter (if we think of matter as another form of energy, since they can be converted from one to another) in the universe, leaving PoCoE unscathed.

I'm not sure PoCoE has to be etched in stone and shouldn't be violated. In the interest of not violating such pre-conceptions we could potentiallly continue building a bigger house of cards which will cause an even bigger crash in the end when it falls.

However.

I've also long sensed a truth in an unseen energy converting to matter and thus continuously propogating the creation of matter, within the constant progressing time continuim. Though presented whimsically, I was serious about the zipper analogy. A more proper model of it would be a properly functioning zipper, going on endlessly, for our purposes. As the zipper is closed, the closed part represents everything from now and backwards into the past. As the closed part becomes longer, it represents the growth of the universe and all of its proponents. This means that as we slip into the future, positive and negative (dark and light) energies are coming together to create matter at the NOW moment were in (which is really all we have to truly observe).

I also believe the key to unlocking these mysteries is within us. In our minds and application of creative thinking. Perhaps our minds are driven by this unseen energy and can tap into it. Perhaps this unseen energy has a picture of the future because it isn't limited by the NOW of the time continuim and can swim back and forth in the time stream. Perhaps this is what's at the core of premonitions, esp, anticipatory visions and dreams, de'ja vu, and other phenomenon relegated to mysticism. Perhaps we're heading into a convergance of science and the prviously presumed to be supernatural. In listening to some of the latest brought from the world of science here, it is beginning to brandish more and more of a supernatural odor, it would seem. "Dark matter" and "we don't know what 70% of the universe is made of" as simple examples.

Here's what you stated

I concluded it was uncertain because the value of omega is either above 1 or below 1; though if you say the latest measurements point to eternal expansion, okay

I know. I was there when I stated it. tongue.gif There are lots of ifs involved, and at this point we just don't know for sure, do we? smile.gif

897076-darkmatter.jpg

Where do they get the information (and audacity) to present such a graph which represents a 40 BILLION YEAR arc? 40 BILLION YEARS?

Now everyone's stuck with it as if it has some basis in truth and people are forced to discuss it or disprove it, while it's really full of too many ifs and unknowns.

It reminds me of the subduction graphs which give the impression that there are diagonal tunnels going down underground beneath the ocean for the plates to slip into like a chute and slide system. The graphs become as a bible for discussion when in reality they have very little basis in truth.

Sometimes I like to light my farts on fire. This one time, at band camp....

Pray continue OG, in as much detail as possible. Use graphs if necessary. tongue.gif

I'm working on a Power Point presentation as I write this. And this aint no sissy theory either. I plan on having pictures. sumo.gif

be careful. lest the rapid increase in temperature around your special place causes your body to subduct your colon into your small intestine

be careful. lest the rapid increase in temperature around your special place causes your body to subduct your colon into your small intestine

I thought they were talking about BLACK holes.

Was that just to get past the auto-censor?

Jack

(or maybe that's the aftermath)

Rip,

According to science…

80 million years ago Pangaea broke in half. The two halves insanely went to the poles, where they were 80 million years ago (if you forget common sense.) In the last bunch of years bones of the duckbill platypus have been found in Antarctica AND Southern South America.

Antarctica was securely connected fully with Australia as was South America, and through it Africa. (I’m not talking about the nigh-insane theory about India). Asia and North America was fully connected at the North Pole.

The people who did that map know little about perspective around a sphere. To verify this, if you have a globe, how far away do you have to hold it level simply to SEE Antarctica?

gridmap.jpg

-Neal

Rip,

According to science…

80 million years ago Pangaea broke in half. The two halves insanely went to the poles, where they were 80 million years ago (if you forget common sense.)gridmap.jpg

-Neal

But "science" doesn't support this claim. Your making a false arguement 893naughty-thumb.gif

According to the sites I linked to this is not the case.

If you have data supporting your claim, post it. You can't just say "According to science…"

did you draw that ellipse freehand? if so, very impressive. reminds me of the story about Giotto and the circle.

anyways, some attribution of the facts you're disputing would be invaluable to this ongoing discussion

did you draw that ellipse freehand? if so, very impressive. reminds me of the story about Giotto and the circle.

If I may, with Neal's indulgance, I'll take the liberty of answering this one - while he may be too pre-occuppied to do so now.

I've seen Neal draw such ellipses, circles and straight lines freely. On many occasions it brought back memories of the Giotto story (as told to me by my father), with the circles he drew on doors of people he'd visited but weren't home - so they'd know he came calling. My father told this story to me as a child when he realized I wanted to become an artist, hoping to dissuade me from getting into the craft by pointing to how good one needs to be in order to succeed in it. It was only years later that I discovered the more known version of the story with the circle Giotto drew for the Pope by using his arm as a compass.

This particular drawing, however, has tell-tale signs which point to another process. The texture of the paper used indicates it to be tracing paper. Additionally, the uniformity of the grid lines and the detailed shapes of the continents all indicate it was traced from a standard map of the globe - a common, plentiful and at hand's reach item, especially at Continuity.

Knowing such maps display the continents in their true formation and not the Pangea one which Neal drew, leads me to conclude that the process was two fold. First, he traced the continents, one by one, moving the tracing paper around in order to bring the continents together into this formation. Then he traced the outer elliptical edge of the globe and the gridlines - being careful to position them so the continents would be centered within the ellipse.

The above assessment was made through a combination of Sherlock Holmes techniques and Batman detective skills, all acquired while working as a penciler for DC Comics.

Jack,

If you would be so kind, instead of telling me there is a difference, please tell me what the difference is.

A prime matter particle is a dark matter particle. It is what the universe has before matter and we make matter out of it!…. Or, hey, maybe we get matter from magic. Kidding a bit.

Prime matter has a positron at its core and a bubble far out around it that we will call an electron. (Pulled OUT by spin from the mildest of electro magnetic energy. The spin pulls, makes bubbles like bubbles in the ocean.) It’s electro-magnetic field flows not outward, but in and out inside the, well, ‘bubble’, so we can’t know it … as matter … if something, let’s say, an ion punches the positron out of the core, it will come into our reality. The electron, according to mechanical engineering, will be yanked inside out and become an electron. Because its and the positron’s field is outfacing. It is recognized by us as matter.

Likely, I’m wrong, but it all seems to fit.

Actually Jack, I CAN account for the elements. Listen, if you will, as if it were just a story.

Positron attracts electrons (poof), but also, prime matter particles in 5 layers. A cube with sheared off corners (cause in-close forces end abruptly) so 920 prime matter particles 10 x 10 x 10 with 10 particles sheared off each compressed corner.

A proton (adjusting energies account for quarks, gluons, etc., which are uneven shared power prime matter particles).

Okay, proton.

Joins electron. Hydrogen!

Spin, joins into hydrogen suns. Dead end now of matter cause protons won’t join. (We gotta trick ‘em.)

Heat expands layers and allows electron to enter and lodge under one or two layers.

Neutron.

Neutron’s negative end joins proton and you get

+ proton

- + neutron

Neutrons join + - neutron

+ proton.

We get helium.

Sun’s heat fires helium into solar system blasting electron shells off. Now ions are free to join other ions into higher count atoms until electrons stop this assembly.

The sun ……… makes- the planets, moons, meteorites, aimed eventually at the sun’s electro-magnetic lines to collect into planets and in time; (This is why suns and solar systems look and are the way they are. “It’s not a bunch of stuff that was floating around and along came gravity.” It’s (1) prime matter zero from zero. Two minus 1 and plus 1 from zero. Hydrogen. Into sun … make helium. Sun fires helium ions + H into its system, which re-assemble into all this stuff.

Inside planets, in the growing plasma core (sigh, sorry, too much in one bite, right?) matter from prime matter is created, attached to the geode-like interior and, like a geode, grows upward and outward. Straight sided silicates growing in a sphere can’t grow IN, must grow OUT, with the greatest strength on Earth forcing the crust to crack and spread at the rifts.

No! No! Magic makes it all. Less thought. Big bang. Pangea, subduction, India broke off of Africa and swam up the Indian Ocean and crashed into Asia … backed up and crashed again, and again, and again, until it made the Himalayas.

Magic.

FFB. O-kay … sure it’ll explode again (that’s the theory) and space is curved (theory) whatever. I’ll bite. Gotta tell you it’s all mysticism to me. I honestly don’t think like this. I’m not very smart. Honestly, I don’t care if it blows up and comes back (though it disobeys all the sound and valid laws) but truth is, what I WANT to know, is, where did it come from in the first place. (Blow up or not.)

October fire.

4th spacial dimension? Ah … I only know of three dimensions (time … is time) and if a tree falls in the forest it does make a sound whether someone is there to hear it or not, I think.

N. A.

If I may, with Neal's indulgance, I'll take the liberty of answering this one - while he may be too pre-occuppied to do so now.

This particular drawing, however, has tell-tale signs which point to another process. The texture of the paper used indicates it to be tracing paper. Additionally, the uniformity of the grid lines and the detailed shapes of the continents all indicate it was traced from a standard map of the globe - a common, plentiful and at hand's reach item, especially at Continuity.

i shall then infer that, based on the above clues, you feel that i should be not impressed, insofar as Mr. Adams's ability to draw three-quarters of an ellipse freehand is concerned.

in school, we called tracing paper "trash paper." apropos of nothing, really.

and once more, you attribute additional benefits to the act of drawing comic books outside of the joy one gains from the act of creation...this time, instead of natural scientific knowledge, you attribute a Holmesian acumen for clue recognition.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

where did i put my sketch pad, anyways