• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMIC ZONE ON NOW- WITH NEAL ADAMS

474 posts in this topic

October fire.

4th spacial dimension? Ah … I only know of three dimensions (time … is time) and if a tree falls in the forest it does make a sound whether someone is there to hear it or not, I think.

N.

Not sure what you mean here. Are you agreeing with me? As I understand it, extra dimensional theory is currently modern science's best hope in unifying all of the forces through superstring theory.

Jack,

If you would be so kind, instead of telling me there is a difference, please tell me what the difference is.

Seriously? Between a neutron and a hydrogen atom?

I honestly don't know where to start! They couldn't be more different. Like a rock vs a cat with the same weight.

How about "functional" differences?

A free H atom can persist essentially forever (but there are ongoing and very tricky experiments to test the idea that a free proton should decay with a half-life of 10^32 years). A free neutron decays with a half-life of about 10 minutes. No shortage of experimental observations on either of those.

A H atom has a rich atomic spectrum (from exciting the electron from a lower energy level -- aka orbital -- to a higher, or letting it drop back down. If you were here I would show you the spectrum. You can see it with your own eyes! You need to come sit in on my class! A neutron has no such spectrum. There's no way to make neutrons light up like a neon sign!

When 2 H atoms approach one another, they vigorously and exothermically form H2 molecules. When 2 neutrons approach one another, they ignore each other.

Structural differences?

A neutron is a baryon made of 1 up quark and 2 down quarks.

A hydrogen atom is made up of a proton, a baryon made of 2 up quarks and 1 down quark, plus an electron, a kind of lepton.

But those descripions depend on a model that you may not accept, and it's several layers from readily observed and interpreted experiments.

*MANY* more differences but I'll stop there.

A prime matter particle is a dark matter particle. It is what the universe has before matter and we make matter out of it!…. Or, hey, maybe we get matter from magic. Kidding a bit.

The concept of the "initial singularity" is so tricky that even (most?) cosmologists admit that they don't fully understand it (in talks I've heard). They only know what it has to "do" to start the ball rolling.

If someone wants to inject the concept of a supreme being or "magic" into cosmology, that's perfect point.

Prime matter has a positron at its core and a bubble far out around it that we will call an electron. (Pulled OUT by spin from the mildest of electro magnetic energy. The spin pulls, makes bubbles like bubbles in the ocean.) It’s electro-magnetic field flows not outward, but in and out inside the, well, ‘bubble’, so we can’t know it … as matter … if something, let’s say, an ion punches the positron out of the core, it will come into our reality. The electron, according to mechanical engineering, will be yanked inside out and become an electron.

Sorry, but I'm lost, especially on the very last statement about electrons yanked inside out into electrons.

I don't think you're using works like electron, positron and spin the way I know them. We're climbing the Tower of Babel again.

Because its and the positron’s field is outfacing. It is recognized by us as matter.

Likely, I’m wrong, but it all seems to fit.

Actually Jack, I CAN account for the elements. Listen, if you will, as if it were just a story.

Positron attracts electrons (poof), but also, prime matter particles in 5 layers. A cube with sheared off corners (cause in-close forces end abruptly) so 920 prime matter particles 10 x 10 x 10 with 10 particles sheared off each compressed corner.

A proton (adjusting energies account for quarks, gluons, etc., which are uneven shared power prime matter particles).

Okay, proton.

Joins electron. Hydrogen!

Spin, joins into hydrogen suns. Dead end now of matter cause protons won’t join. (We gotta trick ‘em.)

Heat expands layers and allows electron to enter and lodge under one or two layers.

Neutron.

Neutron’s negative end joins proton and you get

+ proton

- + neutron

Neutrons join + - neutron

+ proton.

We get helium.

Sun’s heat fires helium into solar system blasting electron shells off. Now ions are free to join other ions into higher count atoms until electrons stop this assembly.

The sun ……… makes- the planets, moons, meteorites, aimed eventually at the sun’s electro-magnetic lines to collect into planets and in time; (This is why suns and solar systems look and are the way they are. “It’s not a bunch of stuff that was floating around and along came gravity.” It’s (1) prime matter zero from zero. Two minus 1 and plus 1 from zero. Hydrogen. Into sun … make helium. Sun fires helium ions + H into its system, which re-assemble into all this stuff.

Inside planets, in the growing plasma core (sigh, sorry, too much in one bite, right?) matter from prime matter is created, attached to the geode-like interior and, like a geode, grows upward and outward. Straight sided silicates growing in a sphere can’t grow IN, must grow OUT, with the greatest strength on Earth forcing the crust to crack and spread at the rifts.

I recognize some of the words but your particles don't act like the ones I'm familar with. How does all this spinning and tricking and layering lead to the observed cosmic abundance of, say, iron?

No! No! Magic makes it all.

Good. That's much more feasible.

Less thought. Big bang. Pangea, subduction, India broke off of Africa and swam up the Indian Ocean and crashed into Asia … backed up and crashed again, and again, and again, until it made the Himalayas.

Magic.

Backing up and crashing again?

... replies to others...

N. A.

Wow. That's a unique universe that I would love to visit some day!

Jack

i shall then infer that, based on the above clues, you feel that i should be not impressed, insofar as Mr. Adams's ability to draw three-quarters of an ellipse freehand is concerned.

Such an inference, my dear Mr. Sal, would be a grave mistake. I would expect anyone to be duly impressed with Mr. Adams' ability to draw ellipses, circles and straight lines freehand as I've seen him do on countless occasions with my very own two eyes. Mr. Adams' choice to apply this ability when needed, and at other times to use other means available to him in order to perform a more complicated task than a mere freehand drawing of an ellipse, circle or straight line, (such as in this case), should in no way compromise your being impressed with his freehand drawing abilities.

in school, we called tracing paper "trash paper." apropos of nothing, really.

We developed many such obstacles to sound perception and functional thinking processes in school, that's true. I later discovered that tracing paper was one of the greatest aids in developing drawing skills.

and once more, you attribute additional benefits to the act of drawing comic books outside of the joy one gains from the act of creation...this time, instead of natural scientific knowledge, you attribute a Holmesian acumen for clue recognition.

The act of drawing comic books is a means and a prelude to developing creative thinking skills which also find expression in Holmesian acumen and clue recognition abilities, amongst others.

where did i put my sketch pad, anyways

It is in the second drawer on the left side of your desk, under the folded newspaper which you placed there eight weeks ago in order to preserve the review of Batman Begins which it carried.

As I understand it, extra dimensional theory is currently modern science's best hope in unifying all of the forces through superstring theory.

Wow. You mean now that science is realizing that their house of cards is about to collapse, they take hope in adding even more extra dimensional superstring cards to it in an attempt to keep it from falling?

Perhaps not surprising, considering they threw out the laws of physics when they conjured the pangea/subduction card.

As I understand it, extra dimensional theory is currently modern science's best hope in unifying all of the forces through superstring theory.

Wow. You mean now that science is realizing that their house of cards is about to collapse, they take hope in adding even more extra dimensional superstring cards to it in an attempt to keep it from falling?

What's your brilliant GUT then? Perhaps you don't you believe there is one? Do you even acknowledge that there are separate forces? I would love to hear an explanation better than the ones currently offered by the world's leading theoretical physicists.

Perhaps not surprising, considering they threw out the laws of physics when they conjured the pangea/subduction card.

What does this have to do with superstrings? Oh I forgot. All scientists are all part of the same evil cabal.

Wow. That's a unique universe that I would love to visit some day!

Jack

You're living in it, Jack. That's the universe we're living in that Neal described. Can't see it if we look at it through the textbooks. To see it, we have to look at it through our own mind's eye. That's what it really looks like, though. The one you're seeing now is in the books, not through your inner perception.

The planets are the children of - born from - the Sun.

Perception which transcends the books.

Jack,

If you would be so kind, instead of telling me there is a difference, please tell me what the difference is.

A prime matter particle is a dark matter particle. It is what the universe has before matter and we make matter out of it!…. Or, hey, maybe we get matter from magic. Kidding a bit.

Prime matter has a positron at its core and a bubble far out around it that we will call an electron. (Pulled OUT by spin from the mildest of electro magnetic energy. The spin pulls, makes bubbles like bubbles in the ocean.) It’s electro-magnetic field flows not outward, but in and out inside the, well, ‘bubble’, so we can’t know it … as matter … if something, let’s say, an ion punches the positron out of the core, it will come into our reality. The electron, according to mechanical engineering, will be yanked inside out and become an electron. Because its and the positron’s field is outfacing. It is recognized by us as matter.

Likely, I’m wrong, but it all seems to fit.

Actually Jack, I CAN account for the elements. Listen, if you will, as if it were just a story.

Positron attracts electrons (poof), but also, prime matter particles in 5 layers. A cube with sheared off corners (cause in-close forces end abruptly) so 920 prime matter particles 10 x 10 x 10 with 10 particles sheared off each compressed corner.

A proton (adjusting energies account for quarks, gluons, etc., which are uneven shared power prime matter particles).

Okay, proton.

Joins electron. Hydrogen!

Spin, joins into hydrogen suns. Dead end now of matter cause protons won’t join. (We gotta trick ‘em.)

Heat expands layers and allows electron to enter and lodge under one or two layers.

Neutron.

Neutron’s negative end joins proton and you get

+ proton

- + neutron

Neutrons join + - neutron

+ proton.

We get helium.

Sun’s heat fires helium into solar system blasting electron shells off. Now ions are free to join other ions into higher count atoms until electrons stop this assembly.

The sun ……… makes- the planets, moons, meteorites, aimed eventually at the sun’s electro-magnetic lines to collect into planets and in time; (This is why suns and solar systems look and are the way they are. “It’s not a bunch of stuff that was floating around and along came gravity.” It’s (1) prime matter zero from zero. Two minus 1 and plus 1 from zero. Hydrogen. Into sun … make helium. Sun fires helium ions + H into its system, which re-assemble into all this stuff.

Inside planets, in the growing plasma core (sigh, sorry, too much in one bite, right?) matter from prime matter is created, attached to the geode-like interior and, like a geode, grows upward and outward. Straight sided silicates growing in a sphere can’t grow IN, must grow OUT, with the greatest strength on Earth forcing the crust to crack and spread at the rifts.

No! No! Magic makes it all. Less thought. Big bang. Pangea, subduction, India broke off of Africa and swam up the Indian Ocean and crashed into Asia … backed up and crashed again, and again, and again, until it made the Himalayas.

Magic.

FFB. O-kay … sure it’ll explode again (that’s the theory) and space is curved (theory) whatever. I’ll bite. Gotta tell you it’s all mysticism to me. I honestly don’t think like this. I’m not very smart. Honestly, I don’t care if it blows up and comes back (though it disobeys all the sound and valid laws) but truth is, what I WANT to know, is, where did it come from in the first place. (Blow up or not.)

October fire.

4th spacial dimension? Ah … I only know of three dimensions (time … is time) and if a tree falls in the forest it does make a sound whether someone is there to hear it or not, I think.

N. A.

Stuff like this is scarier than what the shills do around here. poke2.gif

Hey Arch...

We aren't going to be tested on this are we? tongue.gif

FFB. O-kay … sure it’ll explode again (that’s the theory) and space is curved (theory) whatever. I’ll bite. Gotta tell you it’s all mysticism to me. I honestly don’t think like this. I’m not very smart. Honestly, I don’t care if it blows up and comes back (though it disobeys all the sound and valid laws) but truth is, what I WANT to know, is, where did it come from in the first place. (Blow up or not.)

Wow, first I stumped "Ask Greggy" with my "Why do they play Hava Nagila at ice hockey games" question, and now I've stumped Neal Adams with my "curved space" question.

I AM ON A ROLL HERE, PEOPLE.

acclaim.gif

Wow, first I stumped "Ask Greggy" with my "Why do they play Hava Nagila at ice hockey games" question, and now I've stumped Neal Adams with my "curved space" question.

acclaim.gif

You REALLY want to ALIENATE our guests? poke2.gif

What's your brilliant GUT then? Perhaps you don't you believe there is one? Do you even acknowledge that there are separate forces? I would love to hear an explanation better than the ones currently offered by the world's leading theoretical physicists.

What does this have to do with superstrings? Oh I forgot. All scientists are all part of the same evil cabal.

I actually feel that you and I are closer to a shared understanding of a GUT. I acknowledge separate forces but superstring and extra dimensional theory remains in denial of the implications and evidence we see in our world of how the separate forces interact.

I attest a validity to the presence of forces in the universe which we can't physically see. Human emotion such as joy and sorrow, pride and humility. Raw human intelligence, the primordeal force of life and harmony of design. Amongst a few of the unseen forces. We have overwhelming irrefutable evidence for their presence, yet science remains in denial of it because they can't be detected physically - though we clearly see their manifestations.

As seen on this thread, science reacts reflexively to these issues with separation of science and creationism.

My GUT isn't brilliant. It's humble and simple. It sees both science and creationism living in harmony one day, side by side and even becoming as one. A glorious day of scientific wonder and the revival of the human spirit.

I don't believe scientists are part of an evil cabal. I simply believe that pride stunts understanding. The scientific community is a vey proud community.

But so are the religionists, proud and blind.

Both of these proud and blind communities in a clash of ignorance.

A little humility all around would contribute greatly to our getting out of the quagmire.

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

(I had to get a post in this thread somehow and it's not going to be debating Pangea, subduction or Neal's bizzare yet mezmerizing sentence structure)

The clash between religion and science is an unfortunate one. Personally, I think it stems, almost completely, from each side interfering in the other's provice. Science is woefully inadequate when it comes to spiritual, social, emotional, or interpersonal matters; just as religion is laughably incompetent in dealing with the hard facts of our universe. If each side would just recognize and accept the place they have been given there would be no need for conflict. Instead, science attempts to define human existence in cold hard facts, and religion tries to tell people that the earth is a few tens of thousands of years old and Adam and Eve were the progenitors of the human race. Taking one side over the other leaves a gap that is unable to be filled. Why can't people just leave facts to science and truth to religion?

Why can't people just leave facts to science and truth to religion?

Yet isn't fact the truth - and truth a fact?

Shouldn't scientists understand that to discover how the universe works, they need to account for all of the forces within it?

Shouldn't religionists understand that to love the creator with all their heart and soul and mind, means to understand how the created universe works mechnically?

Division and separatism, on all fronts of civilization, stagnates life and suppresses achievement. Because life binds everything togther.

Unity and coming together enriches life and catapults achievement.

For science, it seems to me that a critical step to understanding how the universe came into being and how it works, is to acknoledge the presence of the life force which binds time and space. Is this perhaps the dark matter which science doesn't yet understand, but just gives it a name?

Neal's perception of a sub-atomic process for the develpment of matter is more sound than anything science has yet to put forth. His understanding of the planets' birth from the sun and the spontaneous generation of matter in a growth process will lead to an upheaval. It all takes into account the force which binds the time and space of the universe together. A force of simplicity, harmony and intelligent design.

It's easier to permeate this into science at this time, than to convince religionists to learn how the universe works.

It's the beginning of a hope.

acclaim.gif

You REALLY want to ALIENATE our guests? poke2.gif

I put Neal Adams in the same company as our own Greggy. A higher bit of praise I could not muster! makepoint.gif

Rip,

Honest Injun, my friend, I have given you the facts. No Geological source disagrees with these facts.

I have simply drawn, traced, the landmasses and put them where science says they have to have been. These are not 'my' facts. My perspective, I’m pretty good at perspective.

It's the inbetweeners that provide false maps, bad graphics and fudge the space.

Everything I said on that page is absolutely the truth. I beg you to look it up. Not those shoddily made and contrived maps. Known facts.

Can I get a witness here?

October Fire,

You know such theories, for me, are hard to ‘get.’ Perhaps, I haven't studied enough.

Jack,

Slow down, and thanks. I'll answer later tonight. Meanwhile, can you help me with Rip?

No, I don't think magic will do, do you?

October Fire,

Here! Here!

Jack,

If India crashed... and stopped, how much energy would it take to overcome inertia again and again to not only move itself but to collapse thirty miles deep of granite and basalt for miles and miles and hundreds of miles. I figure it backed up and crashed into Asia over and over again like a pile driver, and oddly, you know, Physics, with that equal and opposite thingy should have made all of India into mountains. Worse yet, that vast expanse of flat land at the top of India is quite odd, don't you think? More for the fact that "experts" conveniently don't notice thousands of square miles of impossibly flat land. Give it a look.

You do live in a unique Universe, Jack. And on a unique planet, a planet where all continents on one hemisphere move apart and all continents move together on the other hemisphere.

Bloody unique.

Aces,

370. Did you fellows check my dinosaur note?

P.S. A diamond is not a clump of carbon.

I'm simply saying that religion and science are two sides of one essential coin. There shouldn't BE scientists who reject all types of religion and creationists who reject science. A scientist should realize that cold facts aren't able to explain all the complexities that are so uniquely human, and religious zealots need to wake up and realize that a book written two thousand years ago can't explain the dinosaurs, evolution, or planetary revolutions. Both sides have their share of myopic militants; I just hope most people can see the folly in this pointless struggle.

October Fire,

You know such theories, for me, are hard to ‘get.’ Perhaps, I haven't studied enough.

I don't find the theories difficult to understand, it's the underlying reams of formulas and proofs I find daunting. The only background I have in science is the stuff I have leaned on the side (I am a former English major), so it's not like I have a firm grasp on the mathematics behind all this conjecture. That being said, there are a host of books out there that present complicated physics in an easily digestible form, several of which have been mentioned previosly in this thread. Perhaps you should read a few of them, I found them to be EXTREMELY interesting.