• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original owner collection Questions??

109 posts in this topic

Hey guys :hi: ..Im always puzzled by this 'Original Owner " thing that drives me crazy..Who gives a chit who the original owner was ?? I have had a few guys on here ,I dont rem their names ,Pm with scans of books that were so called " OO' books but they were absolute beaters.so what gives here.

A comic is a comic is it not?? Whos to say that anyone cant claim "OO" collection??..

Does the guy have a receipt? Even if he did and the book is beat up why do people continue to act like there is some premium on OO books..??? OO beaters are worth more then just regular old beaters??

I can understand a pedigree or a find of high grade books etc .But cmon Whats up with all this crazyness about OO collections??

All you "experts" can maybe shed some light on this topic for me..I have been seeing more and more of this ridiculous sales technique and it drives me crazy.. :frustrated:

The only time it's relevant is when the OO stored them in a manner that preserved their newsstand appearance. OO books that were beat up and had actually been read (this was me) are not worth the paper they're printed on.

I recall getting a scan from a guy on these boards who had some book from a "lunch collection" or something like that..Dont recall exactly..Book was in at best vg..The asking price was like 2 x vg and the rational I heard was it an original owner book..I was like WTF I would pay guide or near guide but 2x guide because you bought it off the newsstand new and beat the hell out of it??

:screwy:

I recall getting a scan from a guy on these boards who had some book from a "lunch collection" or something like that..Dont recall exactly..Book was in at best vg..The asking price was like 2 x vg and the rational I heard was it an original owner book..I was like WTF I would pay guide or near guide but 2x guide because you bought it off the newsstand new and beat the hell out of it??

I will just say, I understand your point, but the Sid's Luncheonette collection is not what I would pick to insult.

The only time it's relevant is when the OO stored them in a manner that preserved their newsstand appearance. OO books that were beat up and had actually been read (this was me) are not worth the paper they're printed on.

Dice makes sense

wtf? :o

I will just say, I understand your point, but the Sid's Luncheonette collection is not what I would pick to insult.

Does it justify the increase in price for it's origin? When similiar grades were going for half the price?

I didnt see the collection just one book..So I am using that as an example..Its a comic book collection NOT a person..You mean they have feelings and can be insulted?? In GENERAL this OO collection stuff is a bit crazy..So the 200 long boxes of stuff i found in a guys basement a few years back untouched OO should have brought a premium?

I didnt start this thread to insult any comic books just to get an idea whats up with all this stuff..

TY though for getting my point. (thumbs u ..Im just trying to make sense of it thats all..

Dice makes sense

wtf? :o

Damn! You have been drinking! :makepoint:

Does it justify the increase in price for it's origin? When similiar grades were going for half the price?

I'll be honest, I've never seen Harry price all that aggressively and his grading has been very accurate based on the submission I've made to CGC.

Assuming the facts as presented, of course not, in the grades below high grade, low grade, is low grade and should be priced accordingly.

I'll be honest, I've never seen Harry price all that aggressively and his grading has been very accurate based on the submission I've made to CGC.

Assuming the facts as presented, of course not, in the grades below high grade, low grade, is low grade and should be priced accordingly.

Ok, we're on the same page then.