• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original owner collection Questions??

109 posts in this topic

Yeah, OO collections are a bunch of arse. :/

AmazingSpider-Man150.jpg

Who cares buddy..Lemme see I can buy a raw SUPPOSED original owner collection in say 9.2 or a 9.2 NON original owner collection for less. Money spent foolishly on the OO IMO.. a 9.2 is a 9.2 PERIOD regardless or origin .Who cares.,You have some nice books but i can find them just as nice so whats the big deal?? I geuss this thread was good for you to show some of your OO books ..

(shrug)

And they are ARSE as you say..

Hey Nick, getting ready to start a sales thread? You can include that OO junk if you want.

Another sheep...... doh! Dont worry you can buy it for 4x guide and ill find one just as nice for guide..I guess some of us have more money then sense.

Yeah, OO collections are a bunch of arse. :/

AmazingSpider-Man150.jpg

Who cares buddy..Lemme see I can buy a raw SUPPOSED original owner collection in say 9.2 or a 9.2 NON original owner collection for less. Money spent foolishly on the OO IMO.. a 9.2 is a 9.2 PERIOD regardless or origin .Who cares.,You have some nice books but i can find them just as nice so whats the big deal?? I geuss this thread was good for you to show some of your OO books ..

(shrug)

Uh oh...

Hey Nick, getting ready to start a sales thread? You can include that OO junk if you want.

Another sheep...... doh!

Who whizzed in your wheaties? Don't judge Nick's books solely on scans. You need to hold them in person. When you pay more for certain books on here that are OO from certain sellers its almost as good as buying a slabbed copy in that grade as you know the grade will be accurate and there will be no surprises. That's the reason for the higher prices being paid. Ebay and elsewhere you have to "gamble"

No one whizzed in them..The point was well made in my op >so this guy has to show us a bunch of scans..and the point of that was what? If you read I said that he had nice books I didnt say they were drek..He said in the post he made they were arse (with a smirk) NOT ME I was simply copying what he had said..I was asking for opinions which you have shared.. Scanning a bunch of pictures doesnt really answer my question does it?

I like mine with MILK by the way , and ill pass on holding anything of his in person lol

I just dont understand how Original Owner has so many books? Which part of the country did he live in? Is that his real name?

Joe

do I have to put this in :jokealert:

(shrug)

I'd pay over guide for OO books from a seller I trust. Why? Because I would know they were unpressed and unrestored. For example, if FT were to sell those tomorrow, stating they were untouched, I'd trust him. Buying from a trustworthy OO takes out the guesswork. Give me some 'tomato boxers' any time, over the robojo33's on Ebay. I see it as saving money in the long run.

Another sheep...... doh! Dont worry you can buy it for 4x guide and ill find one just as nice for guide..I guess some of us have more money then sense.

Right, someone deosn't agree with you so it makes them sheep. :screwy:

Comics that I've bought directly from OO collections are the only comics I own that I can be 100% certain haven't been pressed or mucked about with in any way. You might not give a about that but some people do and will pay a bit more. Some are also collect them if they have an interesting history.

You don't care for OO books? Big deal, don't buy them.