• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If I had an exra $125k I would buy this painting

17 posts in this topic

I don't collect Barks or Ducks, but I have always loved to look at the Barks Scrooge paintings, and I think this is one of the best he ever did.

At "only" $125k, it almost seems like a bargain

LINK

RADFA6AD2009327_19832.jpg

RAD1F1FF2009327_19832.jpg

I don't collect Barks or Ducks, but I have always loved to look at the Barks Scrooge paintings, and I think this is one of the best he ever did.

At "only" $125k, it almost seems like a bargain

LINK

RADFA6AD2009327_19832.jpg

RAD1F1FF2009327_19832.jpg \

to hell with the painting/illustration, that frame looks like it's worth 125k!

actually, the frame might actually give that illustration some substance.

anyways, looks kind of like late period barks, kind of rough.

but as good as barks is, do you think a painting of his should really go anywhere near that price?

Then again, one could do worse, and buy an Alex Ross.

500K :o

Is that closer to the "going rate"?

The ebay auction says it can be viewed at Geppi's Museum.

Is that place going broke?

what do you mean "going" ....how about (and big time unfortunately) already there :cry:

If I had $125k I rather go buy a high end camera, take a picture, go to a print shop and print it off and then frame it and shove it on the wall of my new house that I used the rest of the money for.

Or just get an artist to copy it and then frame it and still put it on the wall of the new house.

How many of these did Carl Barks do?

If this the one in Comic Link different than the one that is being sold on ebay for $500,000?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rich-Finds-at-Inventory-Time-CARL-BARKS-Oil-Painting_W0QQitemZ200373682045QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2ea733bf7d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Shouldn´t someone buy it from Clink then and sell it for a $300k "bargain" on ebay?

Are they both originals?

I would hate to spend $125K or half million on art, and later find out that I bought a giglee or some other kind of reproduction.

It's probably the same piece from the same owner. They will probably gradually being the ebay price down to the Comiclink price I would think.

Are they both originals?

I would hate to spend $125K or half million on art, and later find out that I bought a giglee or some other kind of reproduction.

It's probably the same piece from the same owner. They will probably gradually being the ebay price down to the Comiclink price I would think.

I dunno. The Carl Barks sigs are different colors and the frames, well they are radically different. It almost appears the "depth gauge" is different also with one showing a 98 (eBay) and the other not having that mark at all. hm