• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your 15 Comic Picks for 2004

40 posts in this topic

You 15 comic picks for 2004

I started the thread under Marketplace but unless I'm selling a Hulk 181 or title the article that I'm selling a "would be a NM HULK 181 if the front cover wasn't ripped off and crapped on", people careless to respond. So if your willing to solve this personal riddle while looking for something to do, here is your opportunity. devil.gif

I like the concept, but I am too lazy to figure out 15 books and there current values and then let you know why they will increase in value.

Maybe I'll stray from you directive and just say a VF copy of Amazing Spider-man #3. With the movie coming out this should be a sure bet to rise in value!!! thumbsup2.gif

I'll start off buy showing everyone my picks:

Amaz. Spider-Man #129 $250.00

Batman #232 $135.00

Brave & Bold #54 $390.00

Cerebus #1 $300.00

Daredevil #168 $110.00

Flash #139 $165.00

G. Lantern #76 $250.00

G. Lantern #87 $50.00

Iron Fist #14 $170.00

Iron Man #1 $510.00

Iron Man #55 $110.00

M. Spotlight #5 $130.00

Teen Titans #1 $290.00

X-Men #108 $130.00

X-Men #134 $65.00

Total: $3,055

Reasons: .

Amazing Spider-Man #129 will continue to go up until the movie sucks and everyone abandons this book like underage minors at a police busted frat party. insane.gif

Batman #232 is the first Ra's Al Ghul and he seems to be gaining support for whatever reason lately. He's a cool character.

Brave & the Bold #54 for the first Teen Titan's. Way, way undervalued.

Cerebus #1 because the series is over and I think people will now seek to complete the run. Counterfeits exsist so beware :/

Daredevil #168 since the next movie will have Electra again and this is her first apperance.

Flash #139 has the first Dr. Zoom. Since he's a hot commodity it stands to reason his first apperance would gain some interest the next time he pops back up in the current Flash series.

Green Latern #76 is a classic on so many levels and its freaking hard to get in mint.

Green Latern #87 is the first Jown Stewart and thanks to the Cartoon Network, the one kids will relate to in the future.

Iron Man #14. Think Hulk #181 but with Sabertooth. 893frustrated.gif

Iron Man #1 because it's one of the last SA #1 non-$1,000 hold outs.

Iron Man #55 has the first Thanos and despite his own series getting crapped on, it still a character that can carry his own title well. Death to Marvel Executives!

Marvel Spotlight #5 because I still think the first Ghost Rider has some room for growth. (ad nasuem)

Teen Titans #1 for the same reason as Bold #54 but this one is a *gasp* issue number 1!!! 893whatthe.gif

X-Men #108 the first book by John Byne who defines the X-Men. Its a classic.

X-Men #134 because the next movie will obviously have a dark phoenix. Duh. makepoint.gif

Thanks for reading! acclaim.gifcloud9.gif

It takes a big man to post his picks, its take a little Joe to make a one liner and demeanor his selection. Place your balls on the cutting board and tell me what you think will go up!

When I do, rest assured I'll use REAL-WORLD prices, rather than picking them out of thin air (or worse, from OS) like Tinkerbell.

Hulk 340

X-men 266

Next men 21

ASM 300 (will climb to insane levels then crash mid-year)

Justice League 94

Green Lantern 87

Marvel Spot 2

Werewolf by Night 32

Batman 237

Batman 244

You 15 comic picks for 2004

I started the thread under Marketplace but unless I'm selling a Hulk 181 or title the article that I'm selling a "would be a NM HULK 181 if the front cover wasn't ripped off and crapped on", people careless to respond. So if your willing to solve this personal riddle while looking for something to do, here is your opportunity. devil.gif

Before I do this, what are the parameters? Long term investment? Short term investment? Quick hits? Ease of resale? All of these questions make a BIG difference, especially if we're talking about short term investment. In the SHORT term, I'll take my $3,000 and buy 1400 copies of Superman 203 (or whatever the # is, the Lee book) for 40% off of cover, and then sell them to Chuck at the end of the year for $3 each.

Long term? Same as last year:

1) Pep 23 - Amazingly undervalued book, the 2nd Archie.

2) Any other Peps 24-36

3) First print undergrounds

4) Jackpot 4 (third Archie)

5) All pre-1968 Marvels in high grade UNSLABBED.

5a) All pre-1963 DCs in high grade UNSLABBED.

5b) Magazines. All of them.

They could have done without the bikini in page 14 panel 5 - much like they did with Elektra in # 3 current series tongue.gifcloud9.gif

Top 15:

1) SUPERMAN BATMAN 1 Diamond Retailer Summit - misnomered "RRP"

2) BATMAN 608 RRP

3) Fables 6 RRP

4) Dark Days 1 Diamond Retailer Summit signed and skteched - also misnomered "RRP"

5) ASM 238 (after Venom - whose next?)

6) ASM 252 (VENOM,VENOM,VENOM)

7) ASM 300

8) Marvel Secret Wars #8

9) Lois Lane 70

10)DD 168 (Elektra movie with Garner hype)

11)Origin 1 893crossfingers-thumb.gif (Hugh Jackman solo Wolverine movie)

12)X-men 101

13)X-men 137

14)USM 1 White variant thumbsup2.gif

15) Any of Ben TempleSmith/Steve Niles collaborations, posibly one of the Cal MacDonald one shots - "Love me Tenderloin" - my Cinderella pick tongue.gif