• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hopeful future transaction

10 posts in this topic

While doing my Saturday search for Estate sales, I call this number and it's to a gentleman who is selling off his parents stuff here in town, I ask him if there are any comic books in the sale, he say's no.....".I kept my comics and I use to collect when I was a teenager". So, I ask him his age if he doesn't mind, and he says" I'm in my sixites"...So, I say, so you mainly collected in the 60's....he says yes. In the end I say will you take my number and call me if you'd ever like to sell them, he agree's and takes my number and email. Most likely will never here from him again, but he has 4 long boxes full of 1960's comics.....now my imagination can run wild until it ebbs into my memory banks. I told him driving to Georgia would not be a problem for me......man, what are in those 4 long boxes from the 60's??????

Ha Ha on the "what's in the boxes" thought, and I've saved his number and will touch base in the future. I just thought it quite a coinsedence that this guy said what he said, he could have just said....no, no comics-sorry. He didn't, so I'll be on this....."It was destiny for me to make contact with this guy", but like I said most likely will fade into memory, although I will touch base in the future.

Classics Illustrated. :makepoint:

Nonsense. 27% Gold Key, 22% Archie, 16% Charlton, 15% DC, heavy on humor and war titles, 8% Tower, 8% Marvel, including two minor keys, both beat up, 4% mixed Harvey and various other publishers.

Not a book over VG+ in the bunch.

And yes I'd buy them all, if the price was right.

Nonsense. 27% Gold Key, 22% Archie, 16% Charlton, 15% DC, heavy on humor and war titles, 8% Tower, 8% Marvel, including two minor keys, both beat up, 4% mixed Harvey and various other publishers.

Maybe in one long box - the other three will be filled with 80's drek picked up from a flea market not too long ago..., :whistle:

Maybe in one long box - the other three will be filled with 80's drek picked up from a flea market not too long ago..., :whistle:

We all have our dreams :tonofbricks: