• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much should one pay for ASM 300 CGC 9.8?

45 posts in this topic

No joke, I have seen 1 person (non-dealer) with a short box full of ASM 300 and another person that had one a little over half full.

It was a joke, I've got one too.

Of course, I fully admit to buying it for the 300th issue and McFarlane art (I remember thinking "for half-off and my subscriber discount, how can I lose?"), not for Venom.

You got a whole short box?? blush.gif

No joke, I have seen 1 person (non-dealer) with a short box full of ASM 300 and another person that had one a little over half full.

It was a joke, I've got one too.

Of course, I fully admit to buying it for the 300th issue and McFarlane art (I remember thinking "for half-off and my subscriber discount, how can I lose?"), not for Venom.

I was right. JC's a hoarder.

No idea, but I did wrench my back carrying them to the counter.

I'm a pack rat, and I don't know how many of each issue I have. I just keep on buying and buying and buying.... but if I ever become destitute you can bet the CGC Census will spike on that issue. grin.gif

It did have a low print run

I was always told the opposite. Is there a site where you can check the print run?

The circulation statement for 1988 has the issues at 271,000 copies each.

You've got to think that a book numbered #300 would have a few more than the average.

You've got to think that a book numbered #300 would have a few more than the average.

Definitely, and what was the print run for 1989?

Well, heck!!!

If your not kidding, why not help jump-start that crash! My pocketbook is a little light and I would appreciate it much if I could get my copies on the cheap.

I haven't ben able to find a decent copy above an 8.5 in months,...they are all sucked up....

It did have a low print run

I was always told the opposite. Is there a site where you can check the print run?

Yep, I've been misinformed. A victim of the hype. By rights there should be thousands of this book in 9.6 - 9.8, which is why you can't really compare it to ASM 129, when hoarding was far less prevalent, and nobody suspected that Punsy would be important.

Definitely, and what was the print run for 1989?

The 1989 issues averaged 266,000.

I'd guess that #300 probably had 300k, that might be an easy way to remember it.

By rights there should be thousands of this book in 9.6 - 9.8

About 1 in 4 graded so far have been 9.6 or better.

While I doubt that 1 in 4 applies to the entire print run...

if it's even 1 in 40, that's going to be 7,500 in 9.6 or better.

if it's 1 in 10, there's 30,000 out there.

By rights there should be thousands of this book in 9.6 - 9.8

About 1 in 4 graded so far have been 9.6 or better.

While I doubt that 1 in 4 applies to the entire print run...

if it's even 1 in 40, that's going to be 7,500 in 9.6 or better.

if it's 1 in 10, there's 30,000 out there.

It's numbers like these that make me want to box up 20 of them and mail them to CGC tomorrow. Somehow I know I'll be kicking my lazy, packrat azz about this in a few years.

Joe... what are you waiting for ? cha-ching......... smirk.gif

Selling is work, and I'm really concentrating on submitting a few books for my own collection, along with a few variants I may sell. I look at my collecting as a fun hobby, and once I start selling too much, it bleeds the fun part out pretty quickly.

I couldn't imagine the logistics of having a stack of CGC ASM 300's to sell off. 893frustrated.gif

Selling is work, and I'm really concentrating on submitting a few books for my own collection, along with a few variants I may sell. I look at my collecting as a fun hobby, and once I start selling too much, it bleeds the fun part out pretty quickly.

I couldn't agree more...nor could I agree more with your previous post--my lazy, packrat azz is already starting to regret itself. foreheadslap.gif I need to sell some books so I can BUY MORE BOOKS!

Joe... what are you waiting for ? cha-ching......... smirk.gif

I couldn't imagine the logistics of having a stack of CGC ASM 300's to sell off. 893frustrated.gif

LET IT BLEED!!!

Well, heck!!!

If your not kidding, why not help jump-start that crash! My pocketbook is a little light and I would appreciate it much if I could get my copies on the cheap.

I haven't ben able to find a decent copy above an 8.5 in months,...they are all sucked up....

I've got a 9.6 "WHITE" for sale!

Timely