• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

World War II themed product advertisements

8 posts in this topic

I was sorting through the selling thread and came across Batman Fan's Detective sale. I noticed that three of his books, Detective Comics 94, 103 and 11, have incredible Eveready battery war themed advertiements. I dont want to post his scans without his permission, so I hope he comes across this thread and puts them up. I'd love to see other examples of WW2 themed advertisements on golden age funny books.

There is this add for Armed Forces Glasses on the inside FC of Suspense 2 that I had not seen before and thought was cool. I remember asking Paul about them and he said the reverse side had an image as well...and it was quite revealing. :blush:

interiorbefore-5.jpg

I remember asking Paul about them and he said the reverse side had an image as well...and it was quite revealing. :blush:

This is an example of what you would see when you view some of those old glasses from the back side.

glasses1.jpg

glasses2.jpg

I remember asking Paul about them and he said the reverse side had an image as well...and it was quite revealing. :blush:

This is an example of what you would see when you view some of those old glasses from the back side.

glasses1.jpg

glasses2.jpg

Those are awesome!

And is there anything that you dont have bangzoom?

Simply amazing collection. :cloud9: