• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Showcase #22 CGC 5.0 Price drop!

18 posts in this topic

Okay Gator sold his quick so I might as well sell mine too.

Showcase #22 CGC 5.0

Slight Proffesional (Graders note says two places on cover)

I bought this book from a very reputable seller here on the boards and it was thought to be unrestored. I think it is too but CGC says different.

Buy it, have the place scraped off and resub. Buy it before I decide to do that myself.

$1500 $1350 shipped USPS money order or Paypal personal.

showcase55cgc.jpg

showcase22front.jpg

showcase22back.jpg

Do you know how much color touch was placed on the book?

I would guess in GL's left arm, but the seller says he can't see it.

looks odd to the right of the N in green, graders notes should have a location.

looks odd to the right of the N in green, graders notes should have a location.

I'll have to double check with CGC tomorrow but I believe they told me a spot near mid spine and a spot right of logo. I would guess around the elbow and I am afraid they think where Green is talking about. Right out from the N. That is a pen arrival mark that someone put on there. It is two numbers but can only make out the 4.

So no love for the purple label.

My price is negotiable. If it doesn't sell here by tomorrow night, the thread is closed and off to somewhere else.

I don't think it's due to a lack of interest in restored books or yours in particular. I just think it's a combination of only having posted the book a shortwhile ago with the sudden influx of Showcase 22s in the marketplace tonight (none of which seemed to have moved yet either).

I'd say give it some time before sending it to eBay--unless you've got to move it soon. Who knows? You might find the right buyer a few days from now. :foryou:

I would ask for a refund from the seller.

I actually sold the book and offered a full refund, but we worked out something satisfactory to us both.

Also, the person I bought the book from also offered a full refund.

I would buy this book back in a HEARTBEAT for what I sold it for + grading fees.

I actually sold the book and offered a full refund, but we worked out something satisfactory to us both.

I would buy this book back in a HEARTBEAT for what I sold it for + grading fees.

Foolkiller is exactly right. I did want to keep the book. So Brian and I worked it out and I was very satisfied.

BK always stands behind his books and always has awesome prices on them. I have and will continue to buy from him with no second thoughts. (thumbs u

Now lets get back to the main focus of this thread.

I called CGC today and I was correct on the areas of the color touch. Mid spine and right of the logo. That was all the detail they had.

I had no desire to sell this book until I seen how much of an increase the value is going. I collect mostly early GA books so this would help the cause. If it doesn't sell, I won't cry over it. :) I will then probably let Matt get it and remove the CT. Resub and have a pretty 4.0-4.5 blue label.

(thumbs u

this thread got me thinking about something. Recently there have been several discussions about books getting the blue label with notes indicating resto. The thought was that as long as the grade is what the book would get without it it is ok. At least I think that was the general consensus.

My question is why doesn't CGC give the submitor the option of a purple label 5.0 or blue label 4.0 (in this case)?

this thread got me thinking about something. Recently there have been several discussions about books getting the blue label with notes indicating resto. The thought was that as long as the grade is what the book would get without it it is ok. At least I think that was the general consensus.

My question is why doesn't CGC give the submitor the option of a purple label 5.0 or blue label 4.0 (in this case)?

Only GA books have that distinction of being in a Universal holder and ONLY if the color touch or glue does NOT enhance the grade. Then the CT or glue is treated as a defect and the grade is adjusted accordingly.

If the glue or CT enhance the grade every book becomes a purple label.

R.

Only GA books have that distinction of being in a Universal holder and ONLY if the color touch or glue does NOT enhance the grade. Then the CT or glue is treated as a defect and the grade is adjusted accordingly.

R.

not always Roy, check out the JIM 112 in this thread. The rule must also apply to SA books.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3389632#Post3389632

R.

not always Roy, check out the JIM 112 in this thread. The rule must also apply to SA books.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3389632#Post3389632

I'll bet that is a CGC mistake as it's noted as resto on that label.

On a blue label/ct notation it's not normally notated as restoration.

I would put money on that being a label error.

R.

I'll bet that is a CGC mistake as it's noted as resto on that label.

On a blue label/ct notation it's not normally notated as restoration.

I would put money on that being a label error.

I thought so too but didnt want to thread poop. Especially since i see it in 2 places and a possible 3rd :eek: