• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #24 Mile High 9.4

14 posts in this topic

Given that you've bought and sold more Church's than I've ever seen, Timely, take a guess at what that #24 should sell for in today's market. My shot in the dark is just under $12,000 (guide is $3300, and of course is meaningless here).

Hmmm...In the auction, it says, "Comic will be packed like a baby and sent via insured registered mail". Um, can someone tell me just HOW they know how to pack babies for shipping??? Scary.

Maybe that's how they got the money to buy the comic in the first place???

well, that is one beautiful book and with 9+ days to go is already at $11,000. (so, i'm gonna guess that we'll be surprised here.)

based on the bidding so far, it looks like the leader has a max bid up there that is getting pushed by the folks coming in to bid, but isn't high enough to reach the reserve.

being the oldest action ever certified at NM may generate unsuspected interest and dollar levels. (of course, that means that Timely's #25 was the oldest action ever certified at NM+). hell, i've never even seen a church book in real life..... frown.gif

The only Mile Highs I've seen have been slabbed, so I can tell you that you aren't missing much. A slabbed Church doesn't seem any different than any high grade older book: Rare, attractive, but not transcendant. Supposedly the real joy is in seeing the interior, smelling the pages, feeling the suppleness, etc., all stuff that you'd only really get from looking at it raw.

That said, I'm not about to crack the slab on my Mile High copy of Keen Detective Funnies from 1939 to discover the differences. No way, no how.

I do have the Larson copy of Silver Streak #1 from 1939, unslabbed, and the few times I've flipped through those pages were an absolute joy.

It's nearing the point where I've owned my Church copies for longer (27 years) than Edgar did! When some books enter collections, they just don't see the light of day again for a very long time.

So you started on them around '77 ? Very prescient and very rewarding thumbsup2.gif

Being in the right place at the right time I got mine within days after they were found. None of my comics are slabbed so I can look at them anytime I want (but I'm almost afraid to now). They are as fresh as picking them off the newstand the minute they were delivered (before people flipped through them). cloud9.gif

Given that you've bought and sold more Church's than I've ever seen, Timely, take a guess at what that #24 should sell for in today's market. My shot in the dark is just under $12,000 (guide is $3300, and of course is meaningless here).

Well I sold my 9.6 Action 25 MH for $20K+ 2 years ago. I'd assume the #24 may be headed in that direction.

Timely