• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what were your ten favorite forum threads of all time?

106 posts in this topic

"ebay related stuff" thread. Prime popcorn eating for that one! popcorn.gif

ablue's restored Batman 3 thread. popcorn.gif

the Heritage 8.5 now 9.2 thread & the other one too. popcorn.gif

CI/JC's meltdown threads (gypsies, tramps & thieves....). popcorn.gif

Metro's Butter Collection thread. popcorn.gif

The good:

Cover art threads....Adams / DC Bronze / Halloween /Pulp etc etc thumbsup2.gif

Metropolis threads in the golden age thumbsup2.gif

Pedigree threads thumbsup2.gif

Comic Convention reports thumbsup2.gif

Valiantman CGC number threadsthumbsup2.gif

The bad:

Hammer (Comics keys) threads....

MMMarvel/ rants 893frustrated.gif

Ian's vs Metro thread

The "s..893censored-thumb.gif.y b. 893censored-thumb.gif.y" thread flamed.gif

JC vs Tommy B. 893whatthe.gif

...the wheels are already in motion....

I was going to say that, but it was taken out back and shot. blush.gif

The way this thread has taken off in just a few minutes makes this very own thread a contender. thumbsup2.gif

I kind of enjoyed the first thread I posted on (which makes me biased, I suppose) about the London "Comicon" (November 7th '03). It was simply Osborn France showing us a few snaps of the event (as it were) but quickly became an all out British person_without_enough_empathyfest. Only a few emerged unscathed. If it proved anything, it's that Brits can be more venal and vindictive than anyone, especially in petty politics. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.....

Apart from that it's gotta be Hammer/Nice etc.'s last hurrah on these boards, when he basically insisted that he had better upper body development than anyone else, and proceeded to embarass us all with his literally endless invective about how we all worship CGC, despite the thread not really being about that at all. It all ended with his permanent exile - although he obviously lurks.

Fantastic reading - Hammer certainly had a (psychotic) way with words - and great drama, considering it was on an internet forum.

Oh yeah, the drunkensailor thread had the makings of a great run, but I lost interest when all concerned started taking matters too seriously. Not an unusual outcome, it has to be said.

(*) The Thread Where The $50K Bag of Money Debuted (and Hammer challenged Supa to a fight under a NY bridge and even offered to pay airfare)

I agree....this was a classic meltdown, or an excellent example of 'roid rage, thread! I can't remember but wasn't this also the thread that had a supposedly masked "Hammer" in all his muscled glory holding a comic to prove he owned it?

Jim

don't be sorry, it was me who started that thread in the first place, wink.gif as for hammer and "banned user" in his sig line? architecht did that to state hammer is a "banned user". gossip.gif my favourite thread.......any thread where danny boy/comic-keys makes a complete and utter arse of himself. 893whatthe.gif893applaud-thumb.gifacclaim.gifcloud9.gifthumbsup2.gifpopcorn.gif

I like these forums becasue they are an exceptional knowledge base and provide some great opportunites to learn more about comic collecting. So, my favorites are:

35 cent Variant Help

Official Foxing Thread

How To Spot Restoration

I also liked the thread where Bonds showed off his CGC books: My Comics

Of course, my all time favorite thread is any one in which 'House is selling half off TPB's and HC's.

My favorite threads:

1) the 35 cent variant thread, which has taken on a life of its own

2) the legendary "Not Another Market Crash Thread", with the JC/banner person_without_enough_empathyfest.

3) Anything with Hammer and Pimpy going at it

4) The late and lamented Joanna Puzzles threads

5) The Have a Cigar thread

6) MMMarvel melting down and calling the moderators "shemale nancy boys"

7) The IanLevine - Metropolis [!@#%^&^] match

8) The Jens-JC nazi fest

9) The thread that got me a strike. It was without a doubt worth it because of the outcome.

and of course 10) Anything involving the Goth Princess grin.gif

I like these forums becasue they are an exceptional knowledge base and provide some great opportunites to learn more about comic collecting. So, my favorites are:

35 cent Variant Help

Official Foxing Thread

How To Spot Restoration

Those are very cool threads. All three would be amongst my picks. I also like all the have a cigar/ original art/ bonds shows off his books threads. It's always cool to see what people are into and I love to see a little cross-pollination of collecting interests.

Oh, and Crisis.

My favorite Totally Evil thread was the deadly 50 car pileup that was the "Most Positive Contributor" thread. It was just so wrong it was right, if you know what I mean. The bitter, painful irony of a flame war breaking out in the middle of that thread can't really be topped.

My favorite threads:

cloud9.gif

I miss her...

Of course, my all time favorite thread is any one in which 'House is selling half off TPB's and HC's.

New listings tomorrow! Slight road rash from where they fell off the truck, but other than that... thumbsup2.gif

I almost forgot... I really enjoyed the thread with the guy claiming to have sold 4000 copies of Superman 75... the guy who claimed he had two doctorates and then busted out with these fine statements:

"All I am trying to do is give an idea to some young ones who earn hard

money not to get tangled up in the price war"

"Your thoughts are sound complete with interesting hypothesis."

"So as to not be redundant in other posting topics."

My favorite threads:

cloud9.gif

I miss her...

New listings tomorrow! Slight road rash from where they fell off the truck, but other than that... thumbsup2.gif

I almost forgot... I really enjoyed the thread with the guy claiming to have sold 4000 copies of Superman 75... the guy who claimed he had two doctorates and then busted out with these fine statements:

"All I am trying to do is give an idea to some young ones who earn hard

money not to get tangled up in the price war"

"Your thoughts are sound complete with interesting hypothesis."

"So as to not be redundant in other posting topics."

No more Goth Princess?

I liked the thread where someone described tracking down and actually visiting the Church house. Even though nobody ever answered my request for a picture.

I liked the thread where people validated that I hadn't been ripped off for buying a restored AF 15 in NM, since I knew it was restored and was thrilled to have such a great looking copy in my collection.

I enjoyed the discussion of the CGG service, which I still think is worthwhile.

Of course the Babe Test is nice.

The various "remember when you were young..." thread are great.

The subliminally suggestive covers thread was fantastic.