• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what were your ten favorite forum threads of all time?

106 posts in this topic

We get a fair number of newbies here that may not be aware of the great and long history of these forums. Their past absence has deprived them of witnessing some of the truly great threads in our forum's history...

Khaos suggested yesterday that the greatest thread of all time was progressing around here somewhere, even though pieces of it were constantly disappearing into the sinkhole of decency...

So which threads do you think have stood the test of time, and are worthy of being considered among the all-time greats?

If the thread still exists, by all means share a link... If it doesn't (or if you are html-challenged), a simple description will suffice...

My short list would include:

The Crisis Thread

The Babe Test Thread

The Kudos Thread

The Forum Philanthropy Thread

The Joanna Dog-Stories Thread

The Greggy Bronze Cover Art Pricing Thread

The 35c Variant Thread

that pretty much wraps up the "happy" threads...

The Thread Where Hammer Gave Instructions on Disassembling CGC Cases

Any Massacre Thread Featuring "Helga"

The Thread That Included The First "Cuckoo Clock" Bag

The Thread Where The $50K Bag of Money Debuted

The First Throwdown Between Khaos And Bugaboo

The First CGG Thread

The Test Thread About "Nothing" (which made it 300 posts before being ruined)

That One Hulk 181 Thread Where They Argued About Whether The... oh... never mind...

Two votes of mine go for the thread where MMMarvel blew his top and got banned, which I think started in the comic polls section and spilled into the watercooler (I think you missed that one, Lighthouse! Sorry!), and the thread about a miswrapped X-Men 94 where BSD Brulato and Joe Collector got into a funny fight. Being a newbie myself, these are the two threads since I've been here that come to mind.

more seriously, i liked the

gold have a cigar,

the neal adams thread,

& the halloween covers thread the best

its only 3 but my mind is shut off

Can't believe I forgot the Have a Cigar thread.... foreheadslap.gif

I can't decide between

(*) The Thread Where The $50K Bag of Money Debuted (and Hammer challenged Supa to a fight under a NY bridge and even offered to pay airfare)

or

(*) Jens VS. Comic Investor...with the now legendary 'Hitler Jugend' quote...

I think my favourite thread was the one where JC admitted that he was wrong about a crash all along, begged the forum's forgiveness and said nice things about everybody. I'm worried that yesterdays space/time bump may have wiped that one though.

Khaos is gonna boo.gif me for this, but my fave is the subject that brought me to the forums: The answer to the question When did the Bronze Age begin? which can be found

here

or here

or, maybe here.

I also fondly remember a couple of non-political Bugaboo threads:

- legendary Graemlin Wars with BOC

- the post-Superbowl 2003 brawl with card-guy MW1 (anyone remember " Boolean? ")

Joanna's various reviews/recreations of Wonder Woman, Lois Lane comics past

...and the various bricks&mortar and travelogue musings of 'House himself. flowerred.gif

more seriously, i liked the

gold have a cigar,

its only 3 but my mind is shut off

acclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif I'd like to thank all the little people for making this possible....and pov, the hall monitor!

Hard to remember all of them, but short list:

-Crisis

-House Roast

-Xmas Day Massacre (can't remember the thread title, but a bunch of us ended up in the Penalty Box as a result)

-Bronze Age Thread (Good call Zonk. Always a good debate there!)

-Orig. Art Appreciation Thread

-Any thread where Hammer posted about his many enemies and forces conspiring against him (One of the best lines ever, "Ramses had floods and locusts, I have Supapimp/FF/etc....")

I also like "recommended reading" threads.

Chris