• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official EMINEM Thread

51 posts in this topic

Hadn't heard it until tonight. The music and rhythm aren't as exciting as some of his other stuff. The lyrics sound good, but I can't get into the content yet. Maybe once I see the film...

I don't know. I still can't taste the difference between the red and blue. But I like the peanut ones more than just the chocolate center ones.

(OK - I heard that song once - my TIVO recorder picked it up as part of the 8 Mile promo - and listened to it a few more times - and it stuck in my brain for about a week. Is a good song.)

I like just about all music too - except rap and especially white boy rap. But I bet i know some country even you would like. In the early 80s some non-Nashville gruops appeared that are very good. Try- Old 97s, Bottlerockets, Waco Brothers, Hickory Hawkins, Jason and the Scorchers, Uncle Tupelo, Drive by Truckers, lucinda williams, Junior Brown, Sunvolt. I think best of the bunch is Old 97s - have a kind of a punk edge and songs with deep themes. definitely far away from Dixie Chicks or any other similar drek.

I dunno...since I wish that a lot of pac's "unreleased material" stayed that way HAHAHAHA. It was unreleased for a reason tongue.gif

With that said, I may buy it one day since 2pac is one of the all time great's along with biggie smalls in my book tongue.gif

Actually some of it was unreleased b/c he always wanted to perform stuff as he wrote it..and also b/c a lot of the stuff he wrote while with Digital Underground never got the professional treatment...albeit some of it is VERY good..

Brian

Tupac and Biggie????

Are you serious, kid?

You want ot talk about best all time lyricists, you gotta go back a little further than that..

1. Rakim - hands down the best that ever was and ever will be - all you need to do is listen to the entire Follow the Leader album - Microphone Fiend, Lyrics of Fury...Damn! PLus Eric B & Rakim are the MOST sampled hip-hop group EVER - Eric B created the infamous MilliVanilli base line of Girl You Know its True - except it was originally used by Eric B on Paid in Full, later to be used on about 5000 other R&B songs

2. Chuck D. wrote some intense, deep lyrics - a vocal style all his own

3. Plugs 1, 2, and 3 from DeLa Soul - truly groundbreaking - broke Q-Tip into the game as well.

4. Curtis Blow - The original

5. Run DMC

6. Q-Tip - One of the smoothest lyrists in the game - still

New School:

1. Busta

2. Eminem

3. DMX

everything else pretty much sucks.

Dre is way overrated

Snoop almost as overrated

Ja Rule - DMX light

Puff-Diddy - It makes me pysically ill to see such a total insufficiently_thoughtful_person with no discernable talent whatsoever have people kiss is arse and actually buy anything he does. I don't think he has made one single original song ...ever.