• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

False comic sales?

35 posts in this topic

I have seen the same FF #9 pacific coast for sale in the past 3 months sold 5 or 6 times at Pedigree Comics. Each time the book sold for a bit more each time. Very suspect!

My next observation is not accusatory, just curiosity. Is Doug placing books for sale and then making people believe it then sells for the listed price or close to the price, then a short time period later it is back up for sale for a higher price. It seems very unlikely to me to see the same FF PC copy sell that many times in such a short period of time (5-6 times in 3 months). I interpret it as a lure and hook ploy (can be very effective). It makes the public believe the copy is of high value and extremely sought after, even though the book may have never left Doug's hand until someone actually does place a bid to purchase the book.

Thoughts anybody?

Dealers manipulating the market to give the (false) impression of desireability? :o

What next? Lawyers funding their 'uber-sweet' collections with clients' money??? doh!

you are like a dog with a bone when it comes to this guy

ok by me though

There's the US Mail, there's the sun rising in the east, and then there's F_T taking a shot a DS whenever the opportunity presents.

:whistle:

what about death and taxes (shrug)

There's the US Mail, there's the sun rising in the east, and then there's F_T taking a shot a DS whenever the opportunity presents.

I was going for regularity, but certainty works just as well. lol

and greggy calling everyone a dork (shrug)

greggy is king of the dorks (thumbs u

Dealers manipulating the market to give the (false) impression of desireability? :o

What next? Lawyers funding their 'uber-sweet' collections with clients' money??? doh!

Anyone we might know hm

and greggy calling everyone a dork (shrug)

greggy is king of the dorks (thumbs u

I always thought of him more as [font:Arial Black]The Prince of Dorkness[/font] hm

I have seen the same FF #9 pacific coast for sale in the past 3 months sold 5 or 6 times at Pedigree Comics. Each time the book sold for a bit more each time. Very suspect!

My next observation is not accusatory, just curiosity. Is Doug placing books for sale and then making people believe it then sells for the listed price or close to the price, then a short time period later it is back up for sale for a higher price. It seems very unlikely to me to see the same FF PC copy sell that many times in such a short period of time (5-6 times in 3 months). I interpret it as a lure and hook ploy (can be very effective). It makes the public believe the copy is of high value and extremely sought after, even though the book may have never left Doug's hand until someone actually does place a bid to purchase the book.

Thoughts anybody?

One sale reported on GPA this year:

Mar-29-2009 $9,000 Cert# 0052599009

(shrug)

The only reasons to buy an expensive comic are:

a)To crack, press, and submit

b)to buy and flip

c)d)To crack, press, and submit

d)To crack and submit

e)To crack, press, and submit

f)to keep from buying crack.

The only reasons to buy an expensive comic are:

a)To crack, press, and submit

b)to buy and flip

c)d)To crack, press, and submit

d)To crack and submit

e)To crack, press, and submit

f)to keep from buying crack.

don't forgot the G)launder money

option (thumbs u

True, it really is getting old and tiresome.

Since that sale, I've seen it sold on Pedigree Comics 3-4 times. My theory is that it has never left Doug's hand, hence no GPA report. If he sent another GPA sale report, woudn't it be false?

If it didn't sell, then yes it would be false.

You could always send him a PM and ask.... :baiting: