• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the Grade on Charlie's Books!

28 posts in this topic

sign-funnypost.gif

I am satisfied with my overall grades factoring in the size of the scans, age of book etc.............is this the point where you send my one for playing 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

If I were Stan Lee, I suppose I would happily send you a No-Prize.

sorry.gif Unfortunately, when I part with the comics, it's most likely going to be the winner of a different game--the ebay game--that gets the book. I say "unfortunately," not only because I can't send you a free great GA or SA comic insane.gif but also because I'd really rather keep the books but it's out of financial concerns that I'm going to be parting with them, probably through ebay. frown.gif

But here's the good news:

flowerred.gif Everyone who played won a "5 star" rating from me. acclaim.gifthumbsup2.gif

Charlie

Cap 53: 7.5 8.5 Score on this one! The graders were in a good mood that day.

Action 70: 8.0 7.0 I still says the cover is grubby. grin.gif

ASM 11: 7.5 8.0 Eh. I'm tough on dark covers.

Avengers 4: 7.5 8.0 Eh. I'm tough on white covers too.

Daring 11: 7.0 7.5 So close! I still think the back of the spine brought it down.

Superman 35: 8.0 8.0 acclaim.gif

Young Allies 7: 6.5 9.0 Holy cow, score on this one too. I know CGC goes easy on the GA, but a tear of any kind still gets a 9.0?

Interestingly, this came out right in line with my own submissions. Rare agreement, occasionally a couple come back lower than I thought, many come back higher.

Rush:

Thanks for the rating and I am sorry you have to part with the books!!!! Man, money problems reaaly suck! I have had to sell so many things that I bought over the years, that it doesn't phase me anymore.

I have narrowed down my collecting habits to just 1 hobby now....you guessed it, COMICS.

If I have to sell them off......I will probably opt for taking out a family member to collect on the insurance policy.

Just incase the FEDS are reading this...that was a joke of course 893naughty-thumb.gif

If I have to sell them off......I will probably opt for taking out a family member to collect on the insurance policy.

...if that family member died under an avalanche of comic books and boxes, would the double indemnity clause kick in?