• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just got cable TV !!

32 posts in this topic

Yea, its true. I dumped it about 2 years ago cuz the price just kept going up up up.....

angrywindow.jpg

....but I've gotta see some football this season. There are a ton of stories out there that need witnessing.

1. Vick to Philly

2. Favre to Minnesota

3. Dallas new stadium with the "hitable" scoreboard

and the most important one.......

4. Warner taking the Cardinals back to the Superbowl !! YEA BABY !!

kurtwarner.jpg

Yea, its true. I dumped it about 2 years ago cuz the price just kept going up up up.....

angrywindow.jpg

....but I've gotta see some football this season. There are a ton of stories out there that need witnessing.

1. Vick to Philly

2. Favre to Minnesota

kurtwarner.jpg

only to lose again to the greatest NFL team Da steelers!!!!!

but congrats on getting cable ...you picked the best time!

angrywindow.jpg

1. Vick to Philly

2. Favre to Minnesota

kurtwarner.jpg

What took you so long to get cable? (shrug).

What took you so long to get cable? (shrug).

I had it before and watched the price keep going up till I decided to get rid of it. Thing is, I'm here on the west coast, and Comcast (free plug) is also my internet provider. So when I was in there paying my latest bill ( I allways pay cash .....IN PERSON when I can) I asked em about deals on cable TV. The guy gave me a deal on HD cable TV + my regular internet connection that is $20 less than just my cable internet connection was......for one year. I said......sign me up.

Warner *snicker*

Breaking news-- Tom Brady is back. Pats win.

-Rob-

Breaking news Rob......Brady is hurt once again....(sore shoulder). The thing is.....The Cardinals as a team isn't too scary......But you know Warner knows how to tear apart a defence, and they hate that.

Are you going to watch any comic related programming on it?

After 2 years......I'm probably gonna watch all kinds of stuff. So much for catching up the Comic Grinders post count :grin:

Man..we don't get cable at all where we live..or anything but Hughes and they charge $200 just to come out and see if you are capable of getting a signal..and trust me..it'd be a waste of $200.nobody has a tower or any sort of signal anywhere near here..bleah

Couldn't you get a sattalite dish? I thought those things worked anywhere on the planet.

You don't wanna miss the hall of famer go to his 4th....

kurt-warner2.jpg

Not really..live out where there are no signals. I think the local government has some sort of authority over who can and can't offer services to the area. Sunflower Cable offers sat. but there are only 30 channels heavy on the religious TV. No MTV or even VH1 not even Spike..or SciFi.

Our other services wireless cell phone and Internet..are spotty. I guess Sprint originally had towers or use of towers near by. When I originally got the aircard I had 40-60% signal strength. When looking at a coverage map of serivce area out house was on the edge of good signal and fading signal. I could however 80% of the time access You Tube and a lot oftimes watch Netflix on the computer.

I read in the papers that Sprint was losing several local towers due to infringing on a local contract between other providers. Not surprisingly these had to have been the towers nearest us. Our signal has dropped to between 0-10%. I can't watch You Tube 80% of the time and cannot watch movies any more. Our house on the service map now teeters on the very edge of light coverage and a dark large area of no coverage at all. We also lost our cell phone coverage with AT&T and Sprint.

I think our same brilliant local government that keeps out restaurants and gives us a lovely 20 MPH speed limit has us screwed into shoddy services as far as wireless and cable go. We still only have the copper phone lines. Our old phone service landline was suposed to be $49 per month unlimited we usually paid $70-90 a month once all the taxes were figured in.

We live in a small rural area no stores they did just open one we'll see how it goes, no postal service pick up for packages. All the businesses can be traced back to two-three ruling families.

We'd love to see comcast,AT&T,road runner.

We can actually visually see where the cable above ground lines end. When we call up a company they usually ask for our adddress several times. Then we get

Them:"Uhmmm is this a NEW house?"

Us:"No."

Them:"have you lived there long?"

US: "Uhmmm since the 80's but the house has been here since the 70's."

Them:"Weird we don't show any housing in that area at all on our map. Our service map says there are no residences in the area you claim to live."

*Sighs* so we go to the kids a lot to watch their TV.

Not really..live out where there are no signals. I think the local government has some sort of authority over who can and can't offer services to the area. Sunflower Cable offers sat. but there are only 30 channels heavy on the religious TV. No MTV or even VH1 not even Spike..or SciFi.

Our other services wireless cell phone and Internet..are spotty. I guess Sprint originally had towers or use of towers near by. When I originally got the aircard I had 40-60% signal strength. When looking at a coverage map of serivce area out house was on the edge of good signal and fading signal. I could however 80% of the time access You Tube and a lot oftimes watch Netflix on the computer.

I read in the papers that Sprint was losing several local towers due to infringing on a local contract between other providers. Not surprisingly these had to have been the towers nearest us. Our signal has dropped to between 0-10%. I can't watch You Tube 80% of the time and cannot watch movies any more. Our house on the service map now teeters on the very edge of light coverage and a dark large area of no coverage at all. We also lost our cell phone coverage with AT&T and Sprint.

I think our same brilliant local government that keeps out restaurants and gives us a lovely 20 MPH speed limit has us screwed into shoddy services as far as wireless and cable go. We still only have the copper phone lines. Our old phone service landline was suposed to be $49 per month unlimited we usually paid $70-90 a month once all the taxes were figured in.

We live in a small rural area no stores they did just open one we'll see how it goes, no postal service pick up for packages. All the businesses can be traced back to two-three ruling families.

We'd love to see comcast,AT&T,road runner.

We can actually visually see where the cable above ground lines end. When we call up a company they usually ask for our adddress several times. Then we get

Them:"Uhmmm is this a NEW house?"

Us:"No."

Them:"have you lived there long?"

US: "Uhmmm since the 80's but the house has been here since the 70's."

Them:"Weird we don't show any housing in that area at all on our map. Our service map says there are no residences in the area you claim to live."

*Sighs* so we go to the kids a lot to watch their TV.

Screw them.

DirecTv, the only way to go. Available anywhere in the continental USA

angrywindow.jpg

1. Vick to Philly

2. Favre to Minnesota

kurtwarner.jpg

Glad to see you got a great deal. :)

Sorry it was with Comcast. :sick:

Dish and Direct are the only way to go. (thumbs u

If I ever get cable again, you should check on he!!'s temperature. lol

Everywhere but our house..*sighs* dang Hughes Net..$200 see if you can get a signal fee. $500 set up installation fee..and $149 month..I'm telling you my local governement sucketh mightily..but don't tell them I said that.

We were suprised we could get an aircard. I am disappointed our coverage dropped after two years to nearly nothing now..I love watching old TV shows and movies online..

You're talking cable correct ?

And we're telling you satellite.

They come to your home, nail a pizza pie dish on a stick to your barn,

aim it south, poke a cable thru your wall, hook it up to your tv and

ZAMMO ! - satlellite tv. 900+channels, and still nothing on.

You're talking cable correct ?

And we're telling you satellite.

They come to your home, nail a pizza pie dish on a stick to your barn,

aim it south, poke a cable thru your wall, hook it up to your tv and

ZAMMO ! - satlellite tv. 900+channels, and still nothing on.

Yes I am talking cable and sat. I am telling you I live in no mans land...my neighbor on one side however does not. Neighbor on other side..has to go Hughes too. We are on a stupid freakish block of non existance. Dish and Direct TV claim there are no actual residences where I live, Their official map shows my neighbors house in the middle of wilderness. So my house which has been here since the seventies and the entire rest of the street that is unpaved dirt road..does not really exist to them. Technically speaking I could run a cable from the neighbors house and use his box and get a signal. My son used to pirate when he lived here he had a jury rigged cable box and programmed cards that stopped when he moved it always made me nervous anyway.. But legally since we do not exist they won't send a rep out..