• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee gives Disney-Marvel his blessing!

43 posts in this topic

I'm sure Disney was worried what Stan Thought

Maybe now he can Signature Series Mickey Mouse & Donald Duck Comic books too.

Too late! :banana:

stanmickey.jpg

Why did he sign this?

Did he write a story?

Its a fake! Photoshop is a wonderful thing! lol

:boo:doh!

:sorry::banana:

you should be banned for that!

Mod Button Hit!

:sumo::insane:

I said i was :sorry::(

stanmickey.jpg

Why did he sign this?

Did he write a story?

Mod Button Hit!

I know you're sorry and I apologize.

:kidaround:

stanmickey.jpg

Why did he sign this?

Did he write a story?

Mod Button Hit!

:blahblah:lol

stanmickey.jpg

Why did he sign this?

Did he write a story?

Mod Button Hit!

No Apology

FIGHT

slap.gif

stanmickey.jpg

Why did he sign this?

Did he write a story?

Mod Button Hit!

No Apology

FIGHT

slap.gif

:slapfight:

Is there a lawsuit going on between him and Marvel that Marvel keeps dragging out, perhaps waiting for Lee's demise? If so, Lee would want all manner of horrors to fall on the Marvel's upper management-- I know I would. He would also want settlement and Disney might want to look good, for at least a few minutes or so, by settling the suit. Lee's suit might have been factored in as a liability when making the huge purchase. Pure speculaiton...

Even if there are any remaining litigations between Stan and Marvel, when you are talking $4B for the total deal, the amount Stan might be seeking (less than $100M) would be peanuts in comparison.

Instead of drawing awful spiders on key boooks for CGC SS he will draw mickey or donald on those books...

I can just see it: Years from now, someone will have a SS Hulk 181 signed by Stan with an awful scrawl of Mickey Mouse ears, and be really confused.

Is there a lawsuit going on between him and Marvel that Marvel keeps dragging out, perhaps waiting for Lee's demise? If so, Lee would want all manner of horrors to fall on the Marvel's upper management-- I know I would. He would also want settlement and Disney might want to look good, for at least a few minutes or so, by settling the suit. Lee's suit might have been factored in as a liability when making the huge purchase. Pure speculaiton...

Even if there are any remaining litigations between Stan and Marvel, when you are talking $4B for the total deal, the amount Stan might be seeking (less than $100M) would be peanuts in comparison.

Stan is not seeking anything... He made his final deal with Marvel. This lawsuit is by the current owners of Stan Lee Media, who claim that the assets of that company included Stans ownership of Marvel characters which they claim Stan folded into SLM.

If anything, since Stan settled with Marvel for his stake in the characters, they might get any winnings from HIM through a fraudulent conveyance lawsuit.

lawyers please chime in.

Stan is not seeking anything... He made his final deal with Marvel. This lawsuit is by the current owners of Stan Lee Media, who claim that the assets of that company included Stans ownership of Marvel characters which they claim Stan folded into SLM.

If anything, since Stan settled with Marvel for his stake in the characters, they might get any winnings from HIM through a fraudulent conveyance lawsuit.

lawyers please chime in.

hm

as for being enthusiastic about the deal, publicly when interviewed?? umm, why wouldnt he? As he explains, he does business with both companies, you think he should show up and complain about them? He is the consummate professional PR man. There is absolutely no reason he would go negative in this scenario or at this time. wow.

I bet Stan still owns a fair amount of Marvel stock, and his thumbs up is for the nice bounce that received.

I thought I read a bit of that here, when you ascribe his positive thumbs up to a financial gain he may have received.

I just think he is truly happy that his co-creations will now live for (probably) forever alongside Mickey Mouse etc. Pretty good company for a guy who toiled in obscurity for 20 years and made it big in a marginal genre most of his life.

As for any Marvel stock he may or may not own? He hasnt got too much to be sentimental about when it comes to Ike and Avi's Marvel, does he? He just sued them to recover movie monies that were in his contract! So after depositing that 10 million check (minus legal fees and taxes) I dont think he ran out and bought the stock. He has also had a wild ride in the stock market this past decade, remember? SLM was once worth MORE than Marvel at one time, and poof! --- completely vanished. And his own company POW is listed publicly.

So my guess is that Stan's stock portfolio is in the hands of his financial planner, and if he owns any Marvel its cause that guy bought some as a good investment at some point. Maybe 100 shares here or there. just a wild guess.