• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast

161 posts in this topic

Arch, I understand your position and generally agree with the sentiments.

However, rather like the issues with CapFreak, there is one boarder here who is a magnet for trouble and some of us are being drawn inexorably towards him. His brazen use of these forums to further a business that has caused nothing but grief for many is quiet sickening. I would suggest that, rather than warn the few dozen of us who are perpetually on his case...for all the right reasons, I might add...you withdraw his membership.

After all, I don't think this community was founded on the principles of ripping people off and then being allowed to come back and try it all again.

Just my 2c

Let's also remember that CapFreak didn't get banned for stealing people's money through the selling forum on this site - he got banned for something that happened off these boards.

However, rather like the issues with CapFreak, there is one boarder here who is a magnet for trouble and some of us are being drawn inexorably towards him. His brazen use of these forums to further a business that has caused nothing but grief for many is quiet sickening. I would suggest that, rather than warn the few dozen of us who are perpetually on his case...for all the right reasons, I might add...you withdraw his membership.

After all, I don't think this community was founded on the principles of ripping people off and then being allowed to come back and try it all again.

Just my 2c

Let's also remember that CapFreak didn't get banned for stealing people's money through the selling forum on this site - he got banned for something that happened off these boards.

Thats kinda true isnt it. Maybe we can get a certain someone to rip off SB?

Just my 2c

True dat. (thumbs u

Just my 2c

FT has it dead on here.

Sometimes when someone becomes such a problem to the boards they need to go away.

And yes, I know these two events are not at all similar, except for the fact that those responsible are causing the ruckuss and should be given a permanent vacation because of said ruckuss.

The only issue I have Arch -- and again I'd generally agree with your position -- is that you've set up the marketplace of the boards to be self policing, then you are debating the manner in which it is done. You can't really have it both ways.

I understand that the moderators should not be charged with the duty of also having to police transactions and moderate that board, and that one possible solution is to not have a marketplace at all. But, when certain members cause a large number of problems in the marketplace, and then continue to post or act as if they did nothing wrong, what recourse do the members have?

I think that in certain rare circumstances, you have to look at the conduct of certain members and their selling practices and make some calls about outright banning them. I've seen bannings for far less egregious offenses, and while I don't think there should be active bannings etc., sometimes the evidence is so overwhelming that action is required.

If that's done, I think you'd see far less of this "aggressive" pursuit of the issue over and over again.

The only issue I have Arch -- and again I'd generally agree with your position -- is that you've set up the marketplace of the boards to be self policing, then you are debating the manner in which it is done. You can't really have it both ways.

I understand that the moderators should not be charged with the duty of also having to police transactions and moderate that board, and that one possible solution is to not have a marketplace at all. But, when certain members cause a large number of problems in the marketplace, and then continue to post or act as if they did nothing wrong, what recourse do the members have?

I think that in certain rare circumstances, you have to look at the conduct of certain members and their selling practices and make some calls about outright banning them. I've seen bannings for far less egregious offenses, and while I don't think there should be active bannings etc., sometimes the evidence is so overwhelming that action is required.

If that's done, I think you'd see far less of this "aggressive" pursuit of the issue over and over again.

You make some great points FT, but do you seriously think Arch is going to wade through posts about people pooping their pants to get to it.

• Administrator

Just my 2c

Then some of us will be inexorably drawn on vacation. Community awareness of the issue does not require a level of vigilantism that amounts to annoyance.

Pretty much nothing else to see here.

Just my 2c

Then some of us will be inexorably drawn on vacation. Community awareness of the issue does not require a level of vigilantism that amounts to annoyance.

Arch. Comic Book Collectors. Vigilantes are the epitomy of cool..

Just my 2c

Sad thing is, some of those vacationers aren't deserved as much as the one's you refuse to place on vacation. But that is your choice, I guess we have to live by your rules.

Just my 2c

Guess he will wade through the dreck.